GEN 2 Top 15 Tonneau Covers - which do you have?

Which Tonneau do you have?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jspeers89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gm3sf and fullsend

Can you open or lower the tailgate without opening bed cover?

Trying to find a cover that will allow me to use the auto tailgate function without having to open the bed cover for my fridge setup.

Thanks guys.

bMwdefector

Reaction score
Gm3sf and fullsend

Trying to find a cover that will allow me to use the auto tailgate function without having to open the bed cover for my fridge setup.

Thanks guys.

I have the BakFlip MX4 and I can use the remote open and manually close the tailgate without opening the cover. Very watertight as well. I also chose it because it has one of the highest weight ratings at 400 pounds.

Last edited:

FullSend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gm3sf and fullsend

Thanks guys.
Yes, I use my auto tailgate all the time. Can open and close tailgate without touching the roll up cover. You can also roll up the cover without opening the tailgate by using the the key.

I believe the weight rating is 500lbs dispersed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

bMwdefector

Reaction score
I imagine the plastic could be painted but I do not know about the rubber, maybe a decal on it. Rubber needing flexibility is the biggest issue I see.

GM3SF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gm3sf and fullsend

Thanks guys.

Absolutely. I actually like that over my old cover. My wife is pretty happy that she can use the key fob to open the back too.

Plus it lets me do stuff like this.....added some rigid ignite lights to the bed-cover rack

bed-cover-lights.jpg

%20bed-cover-night.jpg

Last edited:

sdorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the BakFlip MX4 and I can use the remote open and manually close the tailgate without opening the cover. Very watertight as well. I also chose it because it has one of the highest weight ratings at 400 pounds.

I just had the BAKFlip MX4 installed as well.

bMwdefector

Reaction score
Absolutely. I actually like that over my old cover. My wife is pretty happy that she can use the key fob to open the back too.

Plus it lets me do stuff like this.....added some rigid ignite lights to the bed-cover rack

bed-cover-lights.jpg

%20bed-cover-night.jpg

I can't decide which I like better, the setup or the pictures. :cheers:

GM3SF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't decide which I like better, the setup or the pictures. :cheers:

Hahahaha....thanks man. I gotta tell you...I’m super happy with the cover. Having the ability to both strap stuff on the rhino-rack and put my bikes up there without having to use a hitch mount (which gets in the way of the tailgate) I great.

raptor-bikes-lakebed.jpg

Last edited:

griskait

Full Access Member
Reaction score
neewbie peragon

Hi,
just picked up my 2018 and absolutely love it.
Since I spent the last month drooling all over this forum about accessories that I should buy, I already got my bed cover and fog lights.
I choose the peragon and will install during the next week, and post my impressions.
Is there any particular reason nobody consider it?
Bye