Panoramic roof noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrumReaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve started getting clunking with the roof... if I tilt it up and then close it back, it goes away. Anyone else have this?

Apache

Reaction score
I have a Raptor with just 2000km on the odometer and I now have this squirrily creaking that is either coming from the moonroof interior retractable fabric lining or the back seats. Anybody else have this?

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Raptor with just 2000km on the odometer and I now have this squirrily creaking that is either coming from the moonroof interior retractable fabric lining or the back seats. Anybody else have this?
mine creaks a little bit on the retract. think its just normal sunroof operations. things moving makes noise or maybe it needs a little grease some where maybe ?
doesnt bother me that much yet to look how to grease.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
13 months of ownership. I have found that cleaning the rubber around the popup and the metal surround on the roof when I wash the truck, and coating the rubber lightly with lubricant (wd-40 and a towel) keeps it quiet. The dirt build up from daily driving around the seal seems to cause the two glass panels to bind a little and creek (especially over rough roads). I notice it is worse/happens more quickly once the truck dries after a good rain storm where road grime and water cover every surface. As a technique, I like to clean/lubricate the seals prior to washing, that way I can easily clean off the excess oil while I wash. Hope this helps.

SJRaptorG2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
13 months of ownership. I have found that cleaning the rubber around the popup and the metal surround on the roof when I wash the truck, and coating the rubber lightly with lubricant (wd-40 and a towel) keeps it quiet. The dirt build up from daily driving around the seal seems to cause the two glass panels to bind a little and creek (especially over rough roads). I notice it is worse/happens more quickly once the truck dries after a good rain storm where road grime and water cover every surface. As a technique, I like to clean/lubricate the seals prior to washing, that way I can easily clean off the excess oil while I wash. Hope this helps.

I have 34,000mi now, at about 5000mi I had the clunking noise. I did pretty much the same thing except I used dielectric grease (it doesn’t breakdown rubber and plastics). For the back part I forced it from the top using my thumb. Never had a noise since.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 34,000mi now, at about 5000mi I had the clunking noise. I did pretty much the same thing except I used dielectric grease (it doesn’t breakdown rubber and plastics). For the back part I forced it from the top using my thumb. Never had a noise since.

Thanks for that tip, i'll do this next cleaning!!!!