Camber Plates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VADER332

Reaction score
I am trying to get some info. I have a 2014 Raptor. I installed a new wheel tire combo for the truck. 20 x 9 Fuel Octane wheels, +20 offset, and BFG KO2s 35 x 12.5 R20. I took the truck to check the alignment and found out from the dealer that I need more negative camber on the front and would need camber plates. I thought the stock suspension had enough camber adjustment without having to get aftermarket plates. Side by side the 315/70/17s look to be the same size as the KO2s. Am I missing something? I have not performed any other suspension mods. I just want to make sure the dealership isn’t trying to get over on me. Thanks.

Last edited:

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am trying to get some info. I have a 2014 Raptor. I installed a new wheel tire combo for the truck. 20 x 9 Fuel Octane wheels, +20 offset, and BFG KO2s 35 x 12.5 R20. I took the truck to check the alignment and found out from the dealer that I need more negative camber on the front and would need camber plates. I thought the stock suspension had enough camber adjustment without having to get aftermarket plates. Side by side the 315/70/17s look to be the same size as the KO2s. Am I missing something? I have not performed any other suspension mods. I just want to make sure the dealership isn’t trying to get over on me. Thanks.

Hmm I call ********. The alignment cams don't increase camber adjustment, they DO make it easier to align and should keep it that way under abuse, but they don't gain anything since the slot is the same width. That said, yeah they are a good idea, and cheap insurance, but by no means a necessity. If you really do need more camber adjustment you need aftermarket adjustable UCA's...again there are upsides and downsides to them (stronger, adjustable vs. expensive) but unless the whole frontend and/or frame is tweaked even those probably aren't necessary (could potentially be borderline from what I understand but even at the extreme isn't going to be a serious problem). Good luck.

D

Deleted member 12951

Those wheels are actually +20mm not -20mm and have 5.75” back spacing. So only 14mm from stock.

Even though I do not condone the decision for 20’s on a GEN1, what is an alignment plate? I’ve heard of alignment cam kits but like BenBB stated they do NOT allow more camber than the stock lower slot and he shouldn’t have to get aftermarket UCA’s to compensate. Usually the adjustable UCA are designed for when you lock in the lowers and do the camber adjustment from them instead of from the lowers.

Want to know exactly what this dealership is selling?

OP
OP
V

VADER332

Reaction score
Hmm I call ********. The alignment cams don't increase camber adjustment, they DO make it easier to align and should keep it that way under abuse, but they don't gain anything since the slot is the same width. That said, yeah they are a good idea, and cheap insurance, but by no means a necessity. If you really do need more camber adjustment you need aftermarket adjustable UCA's...again there are upsides and downsides to them (stronger, adjustable vs. expensive) but unless the whole frontend and/or frame is tweaked even those probably aren't necessary (could potentially be borderline from what I understand but even at the extreme isn't going to be a serious problem). Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. I asked the Tech performing the alignment how did the turck get out of spec in the first place. He stated that the truck could have taken some off road abuse. That shocked me because I have had the truck off road maybe 10-15 times in 3 years. The surfaces were sand, soft dirt, or dirt lanes. those were all flat surfaces too.

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can do your own alignment in your driveway in about an hour with simple tools and some string. same way formula 1 does it.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
read the sticky "You and your Raptors alignment". Print off the specs and find a new alignment shop.
Do yourself a favor though... Know what can be adjusted and where they adjust that on your truck before some tool at the shop tells you that you need a camber plate, that doesn't exist.

OP
OP
V

VADER332

Reaction score
read the sticky "You and your Raptors alignment". Print off the specs and find a new alignment shop.
Do yourself a favor though... Know what can be adjusted and where they adjust that on your truck before some tool at the shop tells you that you need a camber plate, that doesn't exist.

Are these the stardard specs that you refered to? Thanks.

Caster:
+4.0 to +4.3
Camber
-0.3 to -0.2
Total toe
+0.2 to +0.25

OP
OP
V

VADER332

Reaction score

I did find that the front cam bolts were all over the place. I would have though they would have been close to the same spot in the slotted holes.Driverside F Cam Bolt.jpg

DSR.jpg

Passengerside F cam bolt.jpg

PSR.jpg