who has updated to SYNC3 VERSION 3.0 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you allow it to use more apps? Whenever i try it says no apps? Is there a way to add them?

Swimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have SYNC3, Version 3.0 - 18025. But every since installation via USB, it says it downloading JR3T-14G423-CA_103602.tar.gz via WiFi when I go to check Updates. What's that? Anybody?
Mine has been doing this for a few weeks. I've tried everything, it will not download.

av8roc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same problem. I only have SiriusXM Travel Link and get “no additional apps found” message when I search for more

scoresman903

Reaction score
I have SYNC3, Version 3.0 - 18025. But every since installation via USB, it says it downloading JR3T-14G423-CA_103602.tar.gz via WiFi when I go to check Updates. What's that? Anybody?

Mine has been doing this for a few weeks. I've tried everything, it will not download.

Can anybody tell us what -- JR3T-14G423-CA_103602.tar.gz -- is?

SYNC®3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
btw is it just me or does android Accuweather doesnt work on applink anymore?

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed the GPS speed in WAZE is off? After updating to version Sync 3 version 3.18025 it appears that the speed is anywhere from 5-10mph higher. If travelling slow, it is around 5mph higher and at 60mph it reports 70mph. This is with apple carplay and a lightning cable attached. If I remove the lightning cable from my iphone, about 5-10 seconds later you see waze report 0mph then it correctly reports your speed.

This is on top of the other issues I see such as: Raptor is running, plug in iphone running waze and the screen on iphone goes to carplay and the nav display goes to carplay. Music on radio, if on, goes off. Select Ford Sync and select Sirius radio, music is back on. Unlock iphone and select Waze again and it goes to waze but then the music stops. Have to press a station for the music to start...and so on. Very frustrating with 18025. Once I have everything setup it seems to be ok until I shutdown and it starts again the next time I'm in the truck.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed the GPS speed in WAZE is off? After updating to version Sync 3 version 3.18025 it appears that the speed is anywhere from 5-10mph higher. If travelling slow, it is around 5mph higher and at 60mph it reports 70mph. This is with apple carplay and a lightning cable attached. If I remove the lightning cable from my iphone, about 5-10 seconds later you see waze report 0mph then it correctly reports your speed.

This is on top of the other issues I see such as: Raptor is running, plug in iphone running waze and the screen on iphone goes to carplay and the nav display goes to carplay. Music on radio, if on, goes off. Select Ford Sync and select Sirius radio, music is back on. Unlock iphone and select Waze again and it goes to waze but then the music stops. Have to press a station for the music to start...and so on. Very frustrating with 18025. Once I have everything setup it seems to be ok until I shutdown and it starts again the next time I'm in the truck.

I have all of those problems

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At first, the waze functionality was pretty awesome, saw it as a great added feature... Day 3 and beyond, it's been a pita and not really worked since. Now, the sync sys overall is hit or miss to even recognize the phone, and requires a truck restart

Might be related to me trying to use a 2nd phone in the mix, as it went downhill after that... Going to try some fresh installs of sync, apps, paired phones...

SYNC®3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At first, the waze functionality was pretty awesome, saw it as a great added feature... Day 3 and beyond, it's been a pita and not really worked since. Now, the sync sys overall is hit or miss to even recognize the phone, and requires a truck restart

Might be related to me trying to use a 2nd phone in the mix, as it went downhill after that... Going to try some fresh installs of sync, apps, paired phones...

sounds like too much work..