Does rigid make a “shorter@ bracket?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chujk1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installing my rigid fogs with the diode dynamics mounting bracket.

Does anyone know if Rigid makes a “shorter” mounting bracket? When mounted the bumper is covering a small section of the bottom of the fog.

Attachments

• A9A39443-F2AA-461A-940F-935D09C795E1.jpg
    A9A39443-F2AA-461A-940F-935D09C795E1.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 60

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Does anyone know if Rigid makes a “shorter” mounting bracket? When mounted the bumper is covering a small section of the bottom of the fog.

Same Issue with the D-SS, I talked to Rigid Support and they are passing it on to the engineers since I was the 10th call they have had about this. Email them and we'll see if we can get them moving faster.

https://www.rigidindustries.com/contact-us

OP
OP
C

chujk1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same Issue with the D-SS, I talked to Rigid Support and they are passing it on to the engineers since I was the 10th call they have had about this. Email them and we'll see if we can get them moving faster.

https://www.rigidindustries.com/contact-us

Thanks for the info! I am seeing others mounted pretty flush with the bumper cut-out. It seems like there are some shorter brackets out there?

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I am seeing others mounted pretty flush with the bumper cut-out. It seems like there are some shorter brackets out there?

You find them, post it. I would love to pull mine up about 1/2 inch.

Attachments

• IMG_0515.jpg
    IMG_0515.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 42

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The more I look at the website, I think they changed up the bracket.

I would love this height........................................................... Which looks nothing like this.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    48.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Capture 2.PNG
    Capture 2.PNG
    172.2 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
C

chujk1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The more I look at the website, I think they changed up the bracket.

I would love this height........................................................... Which looks nothing like this.

I was thinking the same thing, but I couldnt be certain since the "shape" and "features" of the bracket look the same. I didnt know if it was just the photo that made it look different. I could not find any dimensions of the two.

Also, I was wondering if the bracket could be fitted going the opposite way. Instead of pointing the bracket towards the front of the light, point it towards the rear. I havent had the time to experiment, but it is probably unlikely that it would work.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

You find them, post it. I would love to pull mine up about 1/2 inch.

Did you flip the front housing to get the "Rigid" lettering right-side up?

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing, but I couldnt be certain since the "shape" and "features" of the bracket look the same. I didnt know if it was just the photo that made it look different. I could not find any dimensions of the two.

Also, I was wondering if the bracket could be fitted going the opposite way. Instead of pointing the bracket towards the front of the light, point it towards the rear. I havent had the time to experiment, but it is probably unlikely that it would work.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Did you flip the front housing to get the "Rigid" lettering right-side up?

1. I tried that, but it would not work.

2. Yes, don't tell Rigid.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
two things..

1.i think your rigid brackets are on backwards..
2. can the diode brackets be on the wrong sides of the truck? I thought the bend was supposed to go up in the rear of the bracket/truck if that makes sense.

CROOKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Spin the bracket around and mount the light as high as possible.

DFvfrrp.jpg

Rigid D2 fog, spot, flood on an L channel of aluminium.

OP
OP
C

chujk1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spin the bracket around and mount the light as high as possible.

DFvfrrp.jpg

Rigid D2 fog, spot, flood on an L channel of aluminium.

oh, so it does work. Uncas up above was saying it would not work for him. I will give it a try.