Considering a BedRug over spray in liner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have 1st hand experience with BedRugs? I live in TX so not worried about winter issues with salt. I used to think they would trap moisture but I'm not so worried since Ford went to Aluminum.

Open to anyone's experience with these. Ive had spray in liners before- not crazy about how they look like crap 10 minutes after its cleaned. Just weighing options

Thanks

mcallister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always just go with a rubber bed mat. They’re cheap and nothing slides around. I don’t normally haul anything that’s going to do any kind of damage to the bed so I don’t see the need for a spray in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
All past rigs I have done Bedrugs. Good product and held up well. The negatives: If you haul brush/yard debris it is a bitch to get the little twigs and needles out of the carpet. If you run a bedcover or canopy and the carpet gets wet you will likely have to remove the carpet let it dry and reinstall.

Current Raptor got a Line-X and a rubber mat. Won't be going back to a Bedrug going forward.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

We sell the bedrugs and it will come with 3M 4298 adhesive promoter pad for beds with spray-in liners. You only get one so I recommend to our customer to get more from Amazon to be on the safe side. Preparing the surface properly is key.

OP
OP
Sasha4

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always just go with a rubber bed mat. They’re cheap and nothing slides around. I don’t normally haul anything that’s going to do any kind of damage to the bed so I don’t see the need for a spray in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw that Weathertec makes a liner. Never even considered these- great points! Thanks

All past rigs I have done Bedrugs. Good product and held up well. The negatives: If you haul brush/yard debris it is a bitch to get the little twigs and needles out of the carpet. If you run a bedcover or canopy and the carpet gets wet you will likely have to remove the carpet let it dry and reinstall.

Current Raptor got a Line-X and a rubber mat. Won't be going back to a Bedrug going forward.

Great info on the BedRug. Was concerned it was similar to the carpet found in trunks that holds onto certain things like hair, twigs.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

We sell the bedrugs and it will come with 3M 4298 adhesive promoter pad for beds with spray-in liners. You only get one so I recommend to our customer to get more from Amazon to be on the safe side. Preparing the surface properly is key.

Good to know. Currently my truck is painted from the factory- so I think the standard 3M adhesive sticker/ Vecro tabs should work

I had a bed rug in my 2010 and 2012 and I love it I have line-x in my 2018 and I love it more

So your happier with the spray in liner. I was curious if it had any adhesion issues with the aluminum versus the steel. I guess thats a no. One thing to add is I had the generic spray in liners and not a Line-X. Maybe thats where I've been going wrong

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw that Weathertec makes a liner. Never even considered these- great points! Thanks

Great info on the BedRug. Was concerned it was similar to the carpet found in trunks that holds onto certain things like hair, twigs.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Good to know. Currently my truck is painted from the factory- so I think the standard 3M adhesive sticker/ Vecro tabs should work

So your happier with the spray in liner. I was curious if it had any adhesion issues with the aluminum versus the steel. I guess thats a no. One thing to add is I had the generic spray in liners and not a Line-X. Maybe thats where I've been going wrong

Its easier to clean. I still like the bedrug but it was knida a pain to clean. The key to getting spray liner to stick is good prep work.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love my bedrug, but I routinely have to haul computer equipment around back there so the soft padded bed is ideal...

OP
OP
Sasha4

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I plan to add a $10 rug from Lowes.

I didnt know Lowes was in the Raptor aftermarket... :biggrin:

Its easier to clean. I still like the bedrug but it was knida a pain to clean. The key to getting spray liner to stick is good prep work.

I love my bedrug, but I routinely have to haul computer equipment around back there so the soft padded bed is ideal...

The padded part is what appeals to me. While intend on transporting things like mulch, plants and the odd tool, this will not be a "work" truck.

Do you have to remove it to let the paint below dry out or does it do a good job on its own?