Daisy chain 8 x Rigid D-Series

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptorwarrior

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have 8 x Rigid Industries D-Series Pro Spot lights going on a chase rack. I want to have all of the lights hooked into AUX-2 in the cab (one switch to turn them all on).

• 30W/each (~240W total)
  • 2.14A/each (~20A total)

1. Since all the lights go into one switch, how would you daisy chain the lights together? Just using one hotwire with 8 taps for each light??
  2. The fuse amp on AUX-2 is 15 Amps. I know I will have to switch this with a 20A fuse. Any issues with this? What about adding a relay?

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have 8 x Rigid Industries D-Series Pro Spot lights going on a chase rack. I want to have all of the lights hooked into AUX-2 in the cab (one switch to turn them all on).

• 30W/each (~240W total)
  • 2.14A/each (~20A total)

1. Since all the lights go into one switch, how would you daisy chain the lights together? Just using one hotwire with 8 taps for each light??
  2. The fuse amp on AUX-2 is 15 Amps. I know I will have to switch this with a 20A fuse. Any issues with this? What about adding a relay?

it doesn't go to a 20a circuit just by changing the fuse. you'll need to run another relay and fuse to turn the lights on, and you can use AUX2 to energize the added relay circuit

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Even with a 20amp fuse, that's pushing it. You might still pop a 20amp fuse since all of the lights together would be rated at 17.12amps and i'd put a 25amp on that load.

You'll probably just need to do what down said, run another relay. Real easy actually even with a Raptor.

Your UPFITTER hot wire will now be your TRIGGER wire for the new relay. Connect the new relay to the battery, the lights to the load and the upfitter's hot trigger wire to the trigger on the relay. Now you're good to go. Throw a 25amp fuse between the relays power wire and the battery of course.

OP
OP
R

raptorwarrior

Reaction score
Okay this makes sense. I will do some reading on relays and let you know what I end up doing. The Rigid lights come with their own relays in the wiring harness.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 4.24.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 4.24.56 PM.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay this makes sense. I will do some reading on relays and let you know what I end up doing. The Rigid lights come with their own relays in the wiring harness.

total overkill on that circuit.. you just need one 25amp fuse/holder and then a relay rated for 25amp or more. you can wire all the lights together and just use a single relay to power them up. Im running 6 d-series cubes on my AUX2 without issues, but Gen1 AUX1 and 2 is rated 20amps

I dont think the Dseries cubes come with a relay.. just a switch. The bigger lights come with relays, such as my 54" RDS

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

bedraading-van-motor-ligte_grande.jpg

something like this, but where the load wire to power up the relay, wire into your upfitter wiring for AUX2

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You are not going to use the harness that came with the rigid lights. you are going to basically need to make up your own. You can't daisy chain them btw. So don't wire the positives to the negatives/etc..

All positives togehter, all negatives together as down illustrated.

You can probably re-use one of the wiring harnesses that came with the rigid lights, since the relay is probably a 30/40 relay or at least a 25 amp relay.

Also DO NOT go by the colors down shows... every relay is different. The relays I use have black as the POWER source, so just keep that in mind. I don't know what relays rigid is providing or what you plan to use. The colors should be for reference only... the 85/86/87/30 are the spots though... it's just... black might not be comig out of 85 if it's pre-wired it might be a different color if it's a pre-wired relay.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are not going to use the harness that came with the rigid lights. you are going to basically need to make up your own. You can't daisy chain them btw. So don't wire the positives to the negatives/etc..

All positives togehter, all negatives together as down illustrated.

You can probably re-use one of the wiring harnesses that came with the rigid lights, since the relay is probably a 30/40 relay or at least a 25 amp relay.

Also DO NOT go by the colors down shows... every relay is different. The relays I use have black as the POWER source, so just keep that in mind. I don't know what relays rigid is providing or what you plan to use. The colors should be for reference only... the 85/86/87/30 are the spots though... it's just... black might not be comig out of 85 if it's pre-wired it might be a different color if it's a pre-wired relay.

i pretty positive the cubes dont come with a relay harness.. only the bigger lights

OP
OP
R

raptorwarrior

Reaction score
Thanks guys! This makes sense. I redrew my diagram. You are all correct, the D-Series light does not come with a relay.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 5.26.13 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 5.26.13 PM.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 33