Low Oil Pressure and Wrench Light Problems!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leadfoot2018

Reaction score
Any news on the matter???
I just dropped my '18 Rapturd off at the dealership to see if they can fix it. Low oil pressure, no power, all the fun stuff.

Also, seems to be having a harder time shifting (over rep, snap, grind into next gear) and there's some kind of noise coming out of the engine bay at low speeds that sounds like a Jack of Clubs stuck in a bike spoke.

Would like to hear what the latest on your situation is.

My truck hasn't been offroad, yet, and has been put in sport mode maybe 5 times.
6558 miles. thinking about ripping it out and dropping a 5.2L. where can i find more info on that?

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m more shocked that you would attempt to drive the truck again after getting a low oil pressure light. That’s a motor death sentence. I would have had it towed immediately.

I would personally consider dropping the oil pan and checking on the oil pump.

OP
OP
MasonP

MasonP

Reaction score
Update

Checked Fuse 27 under the hood and it was completely blown haha. Took it to the Ford Dealership next day because I had a 5 hour beach trip the next day. Told them what was going on and that I needed Fuse 27 relocated and replaced and I told them the wrench light should be fixed after they do this for me. Mechanic came out and told me he would relocate it and everything, but told me there is NO way it would fix the wrench light issue because he’s been a mechanic for 15+ years and he knows exactly what he’s talking about. Lol.

It’s been about a thousand miles since it’s been fixed and I’ve had 0 issues ever since they relocated my Fuse 27.

So, if you’re having any issues with this I would suggest checking Fuse 27 under the hood like I was told to do.
I’ll update if anything actually does happen again.

Attachments

• FB22F2E4-C25A-4006-9E66-0A598242617C.jpg
    FB22F2E4-C25A-4006-9E66-0A598242617C.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 28
  • C991B1AE-B9E1-4406-A09A-3FBCF7D64DF3.jpg
    C991B1AE-B9E1-4406-A09A-3FBCF7D64DF3.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 29

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked Fuse 27 under the hood and it was completely blown haha. Took it to the Ford Dealership next day because I had a 5 hour beach trip the next day. Told them what was going on and that I needed Fuse 27 relocated and replaced and I told them the wrench light should be fixed after they do this for me. Mechanic came out and told me he would relocate it and everything, but told me there is NO way it would fix the wrench light issue because he’s been a mechanic for 15+ years and he knows exactly what he’s talking about. Lol.

It’s been about a thousand miles since it’s been fixed and I’ve had 0 issues ever since they relocated my Fuse 27.

So, if you’re having any issues with this I would suggest checking Fuse 27 under the hood like I was told to do.
I’ll update if anything actually does happen again.

wth is that fuse for?

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wth is that fuse for?

Fuel pump. The wiring/fuse is not large enough to carry the load and it melts the terminals in the fuse box. There is an FSA for F150s to splice in an additional wire and move the fuse from slot 27 to slot 70 if the problem arises.

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel pump. The wiring/fuse is not large enough to carry the load and it melts the terminals in the fuse box. There is an FSA for F150s to splice in an additional wire and move the fuse from slot 27 to slot 70 if the problem arises.

******* ford...

OP
OP
MasonP

MasonP

Reaction score
I believe this is all because of my Pedal Commander too, so FYI be careful with those, I took mine out. Anyone want to buy it lol

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i did the fuse relocation not too long ago even though mine had not presented with any issues.

good basic maint to keep up on and make sure you arent having issues in the future.
i dont know why they didnt use the larger fuse spot to begin with. not a big deal, but it is a fuel pump that draws a lot and the whole time the truck is running obviously.