Phoenix Area trails?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nate19

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for trails in the Phoenix, Arizona area where I can open my '18 up. I've worn out Four Peaks and the Sedona trails seem to be too narrow the majority of the time. Sorry if this has been discussed already...much appreciated.

MAXTRAX

Reaction score
There is some great stuff in the West Valley that sees comparatively little traffic. I10 and Miller road, head north for 1/2 mile, turn on left Salome Highway. There is access to heaps of stuff out there between White Tanks and Sun Valley Parkway.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
There's quite a few spots depending on where you are. Out in Buckeye there's Miller Rd. Take the miller rd exit, then turn right, and at the first stop sign take a left and follow it out onto the dirt road and you'll see all kinds of trails forking off.

Up north in surprise take the 60 headed to Wickenburg and just past the 303 you'll find 163rd ave on the right hand side. take that all the way to the end when the road turns to dirt and takes a 90 degree right turn. If you go straight there is a cattle guard that will drop you into a wash. Tons of trails out here that can keep you busy all day.

Lots of good trails in this book to keep you busy as well: https://www.amazon.com/Arizona-Trails-Central-Region-Massey/dp/1930193017/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_14_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=4C9JC7ZP8TD12KXH1E62

RaptArAz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stopped by Barnes and Noble (remember those?) on the way home last night for the lulz and ended up with these gems per your esteemed recommendations.

Good reads so far - Funtrek book reads easier and appears to encompass the state's more popular trails while the Arizona Trails book provides additional trails specific to the region.

Attachments

• 20180314_081919.jpg
    20180314_081919.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Now you're set. Look up AZ Raptor Runs on facebook too. Forgot to mention that one. Ryan puts on a few runs throughout the year that are pretty fun.

We occasionally do runs down in Tucson too. Generally 4-5 trucks, and pretty casual (eg; no required equipment).

RaptArAz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw the run from Prescott to Vegas coming up, missed the boat on that unfortunately. I'll keep my ear to the ground for something in Tucson as you suggested as I'm looking forward to exploring southern AZ.

Thanks for the literature recommendations fellas.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Yeah jump on Ford Raptor Owners Group on facebook as well if you're on there. We usually post Tucson runs to that group. It's not specific to the area, but it's where we drop info on runs.

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hear it's already hot in Phoenix. Head up to the Flagstaff Cinders OHV area. Still below freezing overnight so, dress accordingly.

ICLOSEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Up north in surprise take the 60 headed to Wickenburg and just past the 303 you'll find 163rd ave on the right hand side. take that all the way to the end when the road turns to dirt and takes a 90 degree right turn. If you go straight there is a cattle guard that will drop you into a wash. Tons of trails out here that can keep you busy all day.

]

I went out here this past weekend and everything was fenced in with barb wire. is this normal?