Best Security System for 2017 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LeadFooter

Reaction score
Has anyone installed this shock sensor on a 2018 model yet? Same part as the one for the 2017? I would assume it is the same, but you know what happens when you ASS-U-ME.

bump. curious about this as well. haven't been able to get a solid answer anywhere yet either and would like to know before ordering.

gotta get the bracket too of course. BajaMod

CCole77

Reaction score
bump. curious about this as well. haven't been able to get a solid answer anywhere yet either and would like to know before ordering.

gotta get the bracket too of course. BajaMod

Installed this yesterday on my 18 and it works perfectly and no issues with remote start that I have seen yet. The baja mod bracket makes it easy but does kinda make it hang down low. Was worried it might interfere or come in contact with my foot but it is far enough up out of the way. Works as intended.

newdadkel

Reaction score
Recently picked up a 2017 Raptor and got some info from a more reputable car stereo/alarm company. They were recommending the Compustar with added tilt/shock sensors and a remote with 3 mile range. The module itself has a metal case instead of plastic housing. I have not gone with either one yet; this is just the info that I got in case anyone is considering it.

SunDevilRev

Reaction score
Installed this yesterday on my 18 and it works perfectly and no issues with remote start that I have seen yet. The baja mod bracket makes it easy but does kinda make it hang down low. Was worried it might interfere or come in contact with my foot but it is far enough up out of the way. Works as intended.

I installed the new p/n JS7Z-19A361-A on my 18 as well with no remote start issues. I designed my own bracket to fit the new module and made it much more compact to allow for additional foot clearance. I also installed self-clinching nuts to make the module mounting easier.

Attachments

• Photo May 31, 7 07 03 PM.jpg
    Photo May 31, 7 07 03 PM.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Photo May 31, 7 07 14 PM.jpg
    Photo May 31, 7 07 14 PM.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 61
  • Photo May 31, 7 08 52 PM.jpg
    Photo May 31, 7 08 52 PM.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Photo Jun 01, 8 12 10 PM.jpg
    Photo Jun 01, 8 12 10 PM.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 64

ChaseU

Reaction score
People still install alarms in vehicles?

Unless you’re leaving a key in the truck, I’m not sure how it would be stolen. Modern, factory anti-theft systems are pretty fool proof now.

Really, the only commonly stolen, late model vehicles were the Super Duty’s until their issues were rectified.

SunDevilRev

Reaction score
People still install alarms in vehicles?

Unless you’re leaving a key in the truck, I’m not sure how it would be stolen. Modern, factory anti-theft systems are pretty fool proof now.

Really, the only commonly stolen, late model vehicles were the Super Duty’s until their issues were rectified.

I can’t speak for everyone but I personally didn’t buy the shock sensor to prevent stealing the truck; moreso awareness of tampering with exterior accessories. I’m more than satisfied with my 12-gauge security system but I need to know when things are going down as I’m a heavy sleeper.

As a side note, check out NICB statistics and I think you’d be surprised to see how many different late model vehicles are stolen. Funny you mention Super Duty theft as my father in law’s 2007 was stolen twice here in the miserable city of Albuquerque. I stopped riding in it when I found out one instance turned into a homeless crack party and the backseat used as an outhouse.

ChaseU

Reaction score
As a side note, check out NICB statistics and I think you’d be surprised to see how many different late model vehicles are stolen. Funny you mention Super Duty theft as my father in law’s 2007 was stolen twice here in the miserable city of Albuquerque. I stopped riding in it when I found out one instance turned into a homeless crack party and the backseat used as an outhouse.

NICB doesn’t seem to provide statistics on how many vehicles were stolen with keys, but I would be willing to bet the statistics for late model vehicles directly correlates to a specific vehicle’s abundance rather than its ability to be stolen. Regardless, this was the quote from NICB.org
““The increase in vehicle thefts over the past two years should be a reminder that drivers must do their part to protect their vehicles,” said NICB President and CEO Joe Wehrle. “Anti-theft systems in newer model cars and trucks are excellent, but they don’t work if you don’t use them. Far too many thefts occur because the vehicle is left unlocked and the key or fob is inside. Taking the time to lock it up every time you leave it can save a whole lot of headache and expense in the long run.””