Brush Guard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kbobk

Reaction score
Just thought I’d share a few pictures of my truck with the arc brush guard.

Attachments

• 437D94A3-787E-441D-931E-91680818144C.jpg
    437D94A3-787E-441D-931E-91680818144C.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 245
  • F7A56BC8-C2C7-4B0C-858B-22345AF4DFBF.jpg
    F7A56BC8-C2C7-4B0C-858B-22345AF4DFBF.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 237
  • 41C41B91-A697-49F4-B3E2-6A1676BB3371.jpg
    41C41B91-A697-49F4-B3E2-6A1676BB3371.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 219

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Arc-Rite Truck Accessories -Del Rio, Texas -Grill Guards, Running Boards, Bed Liners, Tool Boxes, Bumpers,Trailer Hitches, Grille Guards, Cattle Guards, Bull Guards, Stirrup Steps, Nerf Steps, Nerf Bars, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisianna, Te

They are out of deal rio.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

It’s stouter then any pre-runner and will do the trick if a dear runs out in front of me.

That is a -brush- guard, not a wildlife guard. If you forward strike a deer (not your dear) at more than about 35mph, you’re going to compromise the bumper, possibly mounts and for each mph higher the damage will get more severe. I’ve had 5 confirmed strikes, been in a truck when we ran one over and about 10 more close calls - stopping within 10’ or less. you could use the above guard to nudge deer out of the way, but any more than walking speed and you’ll knock them over and they’ll go under the truck.

Where on earth would whitetail deer herd on a road - Pennsylvania - near the poconos specifically. Maybe other places, hopefully I don’t find them.

The above guard would be effective against small underbrush, maybe that you can wrap your hands around, but don’t get overconfident.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hideous IMO.. But to each their own I suppose.

I agree with the way that thing attaches, it is going to fold in at the top if you hit anything substantial.

OP
OP
K

Kbobk

Reaction score
That is a -brush- guard, not a wildlife guard. If you forward strike a deer (not your dear) at more than about 35mph, you’re going to compromise the bumper, possibly mounts and for each mph higher the damage will get more severe. I’ve had 5 confirmed strikes, been in a truck when we ran one over and about 10 more close calls - stopping within 10’ or less. you could use the above guard to nudge deer out of the way, but any more than walking speed and you’ll knock them over and they’ll go under the truck.

Where on earth would whitetail deer herd on a road - Pennsylvania - near the poconos specifically. Maybe other places, hopefully I don’t find them.

The above guard would be effective against small underbrush, maybe that you can wrap your hands around, but don’t get overconfident.

I guess I stand corrected by a true expert who has seen said brush guard in person and knows exactly how strong it is and how it mounts.

Folks here are like an armchair quarterback on Monday morning.

Anyway I didn't buy it to make new friends or please folks.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I guess I stand corrected by a true expert who has seen said brush guard in person and knows exactly how strong it is and how it mounts.

Folks here are like an armchair quarterback on Monday morning.

Anyway I didn't buy it to make new friends or please folks.

You stand corrected then.

7GenTex

Reaction score
Thanks for the link.

Arc-Rite Truck Accessories -Del Rio, Texas -Grill Guards, Running Boards, Bed Liners, Tool Boxes, Bumpers,Trailer Hitches, Grille Guards, Cattle Guards, Bull Guards, Stirrup Steps, Nerf Steps, Nerf Bars, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisianna, Te

They are out of deal rio.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

It’s stouter then any pre-runner and will do the trick if a dear runs out in front of me.

My needs as well............deer slayer

How does it mount - tow hook bracket for the main?

I already got the Raptor board fashion police after me on this one:

https://fabfours.com/product/premium-front-bumper-2/

PREM_RAPTOR17_FULGRD_LFTrv.jpg

Last edited: