Ford raptor brake system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor china boy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About ford vehicles of the raptor braking performance is not very ideal, have the solution? Please comment!

Last edited:

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think he just wants better performance.

If I recall correctly, Treypal had a new kit installed on his. You should search his build.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well i have a complaint, mine stops like a cruse ship. I had to slam on the brakes once or twice and didn't think i was going to stop, almost rear ended someone (And i wasn't driving fast or erratic). Mine just do not seem to grip or stop very well if you have to use them in an emergency situation. I was wondering if it was just mine or if all of them are like that.

And I'm not looking for them to lock up, i know what ABS is, and that wasn't it, it just felt like they had no grip/stopping power.

sully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 2011 screw and i've had to hit the brakes hard a couple of times and thought the truck stopped great. No problem at all.

OP
OP
raptor china boy

raptor china boy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes!
I want to better braking force effect, because in driving on the ups and downs of the green hill when braking system hot attenuation serious, serious shortage of brake system.

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
im going to go with remembering i have a 6200lb truck so its all within reason ....i do think brake upgrades are always a awesome option cant go wrong with that

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A Raptor is not a Porsche gt-1 (60-0 in 98feet)
It is a heavy ass truck. Yes, brake upgrades will help a little bit. The biggest/cheapest improvement is to allow increased stopping distance. Retrain your brain..

Badrap

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just ask Mike at V.O.R.E how fast they lock up. hehehe
I came up on him one time at 100MPH and couldn't see him through the dust.
I thought I was going to have to hit the rockbank and climb out into the cactus to keep from kissing his ass,but they held just fine.