GEN 1 Ambient lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m planning on adding some ambient lights in he near future, and would like them on anytime the light sensor turns on the headlights. Anyone have a picture of the wore and where it is that I need to tap into? 2012 Screw.

I’ve been searching for this information, but have only found some vague descriptions, unless I’m searching the wrong thing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chiefapple

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s definitely overkill for what I’m trying to accomplish. I’m looking to trigger a relay that will power the LEDS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Just piggy back off circuit for the clearance lights or corner bulbs. When they turn on your relay will activate....

Clay

Reaction score
I might be a little late, but i just put in some ambient lights in mine. I found that the wire you want is grey with a green stripe, if i remember correctly. It is behind the fuse panel cover in a grey 10pin harness with only 7 wires in it. It plugs in just to the left of the sticker with your door keypad code. You’ll need some needle nose pliers to get it out. The wire will be in a bundle wrapped in pink tap. You’ll have to cut backchat back. I ended up cutting the wire and splicing them back together with the ambient hot wire and then grounded the ambient lights with a screw in the metal right there by the fuse box, but you can ground it however you want. I’ll take some pictures later. Hope this helped and I’m not too late.

Also worth noting that this is the parking light wire so anytime your parking lights are on, the ambients will be too. So it works for auto but if you turn on the headlights or parking lights, it will turn the ambients on too.

OP
OP
Chiefapple

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Got the solution a while ago, but I’ve attached the pictures I received during the install that helped me tremendously. a8f5f1ff89a91e47bc602c7ad2e1c0dd.jpg7728a8d32b8284680333235a6925a789.jpg

Clay

Reaction score
Good to hear you got it. I could have used those pictures myself but i found someone who did it on the 150 forum that walked me though it. Now that i know how i may rewire it to the light sensor. Hopefully this thread can help someone else in the future.

OP
OP
Chiefapple

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled off of both. At this point I’m not changing it. The light sensor would have been a good idea also.

97duc748

Reaction score
This is great info. I am picking up a SCAB and looking at ambient lighting for the future. Thanks for posting.