F-150 Lightning IS Available Now!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14 BlackScrew RR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone noticed
>>>> replaces it with a Coyote V-8 supplemented by a Roush supercharger, which generates over 650 horsepower <<<<

Something about a V-8 !!!
Pickup truck and V-8 go hand in hand.
And! Is as American as Apple Pie!

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone noticed
>>>> replaces it with a Coyote V-8 supplemented by a Roush supercharger, which generates over 650 horsepower <<<<

Something about a V-8 !!!
Pickup truck and V-8 go hand in hand.
And! Is as American as Apple Pie!

The new ecoboost puts out more hp, more torque, torqe come on lower in the RPM range, and gets 50%+ better mpg doing it, but a truck needs to have a V8, its gotta have that sound!!

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The new ecoboost puts out more hp, more torque, torqe come on lower in the RPM range, and gets 50%+ better mpg doing it, but a truck needs to have a V8, its gotta have that sound!!

Disagree on low range torque. Ecoboost has like 150 ft/lbs at 1000 RPM. It has more MID range torque, though. After the lag and once the turbos spool, that is.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Disagree on low range torque. Ecoboost has like 150 ft/lbs at 1000 RPM. It has more MID range torque, though. After the lag and once the turbos spool, that is.

I should have said peak torque is at a lower rpm

TomD

Reaction score
Ford F serie is a kind of truck that everybody likes or may find something to like.
If we speak about Ford pickups and trucks, the first that comes to mind is F serie.
F serie has soltuons for work, family, travelling...
As you may undrestand I am a big fan of Ford F serie, my dream truck is Ford Super Duty F450 Lariat
Are there any people who share my preferences?

mpls66

Reaction score
New lighting

I agree we could just build a 4x2 street truck today that could use like powertrains of today . The truck would be much faster and handle like its on rails.

Rick78

Reaction score
Good News For the Environment

Kenworth’s Latest Technology and Developments To Help Truck Operators Address Further Emission Reduction

Attendees at Advanced Clean Transportation (ACT) Expo were seeing Kenworth trucks incorporating the latest green emission technologies designed to help fleets and truck operators address requirements for emission reduction. Kenworth T680 HECT and T680 ZECT.

Does Ford have something similar?

t680-zect1lr.jpg