WaveTrac Differential - Gauging Interest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You miss the point: I’d rather no replies/no interest than replies from people who are ignorant to the product and it’s potential applications whose focus it seems is to convince me the product doesn’t work in ways it actually does.

Does it really matter "how" you hear there's little to no interest?

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You miss the point: I’d rather no replies/no interest than replies from people who are ignorant to the product and it’s potential applications whose focus it seems is to convince me the product doesn’t work in ways it actually does.
Dude I'm trying to be polite thus far. You are the ignorant one here. The wavetrac is called a lunchbox locker for a reason. It's a downgrade for a raptor owner and I'm surprised you would even create a thread asking people to sign up for a really stupid idea. You do any actual rock crawling or off roading other than your magazine racing? Ever used a locker on rocks or deep snow wheeling? Doesn't seem like you have.

Your next thread: gauging interest to swap out the 3.5tt for the 2.7.

tplee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude I'm trying to be polite thus far. You are the ignorant one here. The wavetrac is called a lunchbox locker for a reason. It's a downgrade for a raptor owner and I'm surprised you would even create a thread asking people to sign up for a really stupid idea. You do any actual rock crawling or off roading other than your magazine racing? Ever used a locker on rocks or deep snow wheeling? Doesn't seem like you have.

Your next thread: gauging interest to swap out the 3.5tt for the 2.7.
It's a complete diff replacement (carrier and all), so not a lunchbox locker. Lunchbox lockers are drop-in differential replacements that retain the OE carrier assembly and are ALMOST always terrible ideas. Not necessarily because of the deferential assembles, but because OE carriers can't handle the increased stress. But it's not always the case...the Detroit Locker application for the 14 bolt full-floater is a drop-in and its flat out awesome. But that's because the 14b FF axle and carrier assembly are flat out awesome.

Anyway, off on a tangent here...

Cut the guy some slack. While I agree it's prolly a step down from the factory electric locker for most, there is a case to be made for this type of diff for many. Granted, I'm not one off them. I like my selectable, true locker. Would be nice though to have a diff that behaved this way under normal, everyday conditions, but then could be fully locked on command. I wanna say I've heard of and LSD/selectable locker on the market.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think discussing is healthy good or bad interest. It lets others know what individuals hold in value of based on the life they live. It’s the main reasons I find forums so much more fascinating than any social media. We are here for a very specific reason.

So neat. Either way I think it’s a decent differential and would make the world of difference on my other trail truck which did originally have an electrical locking rear. It blew from the abuse and the one I have now has stood up to far far worse abuse than the e locker ever did. Different manufacturers, different trucks, hardly a fair comparison. Put simply, there is a very large market for a diff style like this. Probably not with the people that have grown to love the factory e locker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dezert25

Reaction score
I am interested. I have a 19 and its all over the place with wheel spin. It is as somebody mentioned an open differential unlocked. Raptors are not in my opinion rock crawlers which is what lockers are for. I want more traction ALL the time. True Traces are from and back of my 06 Dodge and that was the best mod I've made to that truck.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a Torsen in the rear of my last truck, a 2004 Titan 2wd. That thing worked awesome!....most of my running was desert prerunning with a little crawling...The Torsen works great with the factory ABLS system...Having a tight well working Torsen unit in the rear that works all the time over a locker that only works in 4wd and speed limited is somewhat tempting...My Torsen had over 100,000 miles on it and is still working for the new owner...

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I am interested. I have a 19 and its all over the place with wheel spin. It is as somebody mentioned an open differential unlocked. Raptors are not in my opinion rock crawlers which is what lockers are for. I want more traction ALL the time. True Traces are from and back of my 06 Dodge and that was the best mod I've made to that truck.
lockers are for a lot more than rock crawling. most built desert trucks just run spools.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
lockers are for a lot more than rock crawling. most built desert trucks just run spools.
OK....my truck was used for desert running and the Torsen worked for that type of running...I had a Detroit Locker on my last pre-runner and is a spool off-road....
A vendor offering a Torsen like unit for the 9.75 rear end is great - more options the better....If my Raptor had a full open diff then this option is something I would really consider...HOWEVER...I'd like to see about getting out present Locker any time, any speed...

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
OK....my truck was used for desert running and the Torsen worked for that type of running...I had a Detroit Locker on my last pre-runner and is a spool off-road....
A vendor offering a Torsen like unit for the 9.75 rear end is great - more options the better....If my Raptor had a full open diff then this option is something I would really consider...HOWEVER...I'd like to see about getting out present Locker any time, any speed...

see if arb makes one. :)