Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've revised the following item on my BCM spreadsheet to include the bold notes below it:
726-26-01 **** xxxx xxxx - Ambient Light Sensor Type Cfg: 0=Slow_FNA, 1=Fast_Row

0=15 seconds delay turning on headlamps when dark, 1=2 seconds delay turning on headlamps when dark

I haven't looked to see what the Raptor default value is but some guys didn't like how the headlights would turn on so quickly the second they drove under some shade and they found this address/value to be associated with that delay.

mikeyj67

Reaction score
I've revised the following item on my BCM spreadsheet to include the bold notes below it:
726-26-01 **** xxxx xxxx - Ambient Light Sensor Type Cfg: 0=Slow_FNA, 1=Fast_Row

0=15 seconds delay turning on headlamps when dark, 1=2 seconds delay turning on headlamps when dark

I haven't looked to see what the Raptor default value is but some guys didn't like how the headlights would turn on so quickly the second they drove under some shade and they found this address/value to be associated with that delay.

Default value is 1

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Wow, nice find. That is a major pet peeve of mine, on how quick the interior dims after driving under a bridge. :biggrin:

I'll be making the change tomorrow.

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, its been two months since I've touched Forscan and now after connecting, I get this message when reading the BCM module.

"Sorry, you need an Extended License to run this function"

Anyone know what this means? I thought you only needed extended licenses for special functions. Guess I'll need to go visit their forum and readup.

ok, guess the license is 2 months and that is probably the last time I used it. Guess I'll see how much to pay for the license since I find it handy. Thanks.

Last edited:

Gunnut

Reaction score
Not sure if this is a Forscan issue or a fix. My cell phone is paired with my truck's radio. I can receive phone calls and hear my usual ring tone. But when someone texts me while I am in the truck my phone just vibrate with no text tone. This happens with anyone else?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Not sure if this is a Forscan issue or a fix. My cell phone is paired with my truck's radio. I can receive phone calls and hear my usual ring tone. But when someone texts me while I am in the truck my phone just vibrate with no text tone. This happens with anyone else?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It depends.

Your phone may be paired, but, it may not always be paired (enough) for texts. I have my phone set to flash, vibrate and chime. when paired, I usually see the flash, vibe and get the incoming text message prompt. The truck isn’t quiet about it though.

I really wish the text pairing wasn’t as fragile as it is. sometimes I forget to confirm it and miss the local traffic alerts.

when the texts aren’t piping through, I don’t remember if it chimes.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I'll definitely be adding this one!

kromealt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have luck tweaking their Powerpoint outlet cutoff time with forscan? No matter what I set my outlet turns off immediately - even with battery monitor off.

726-39-01

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have luck tweaking their Powerpoint outlet cutoff time with forscan? No matter what I set my outlet turns off immediately - even with battery monitor off.

726-39-01

I remember trying to set it to 45 mins back when I first got the truck, and my experience then was the same as yours. It didn't work and would always cut right out.