MPT Tune Version 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I installed an updated tune from MPT.

93PRX. V4. I noticed the shifting was a little stiff at times and so I asked MPT about it. They sent me their updated tune.

It is without a doubt the smoothest, fastest tune I have run to date.

The power is what I’ve come to expect from
The 93PRX, but the refinements to the transmission smoothness is nothing short of outstanding. Mike took an already great tune and made it better.

The shifts are buttery smooth and almost instantaneous. Normal mode is now so smooth, it is absolutely comfortable and pleasant for any daily drive, with or without passengers. The throttle response is instant.

Sport mode is just typical wicked MPT. Gears are banging and tires and shredding.

I can’t recommend this tune with any higher level of esteem.

Good luck with your adventures

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My friends MPT is super fast! However I did notice the 1-2 shift is VERY harsh with light throttle... also, throttle response is a bit twitchy for my liking. I think he needs with v4 you speak of!

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I installed an updated tune from MPT.

93PRX. V4. I noticed the shifting was a little stiff at times and so I asked MPT about it. They sent me their updated tune.

It is without a doubt the smoothest, fastest tune I have run to date.

The power is what I’ve come to expect from
The 93PRX, but the refinements to the transmission smoothness is nothing short of outstanding. Mike took an already great tune and made it better.

The shifts are buttery smooth and almost instantaneous. Normal mode is now so smooth, it is absolutely comfortable and pleasant for any daily drive, with or without passengers. The throttle response is instant.

Sport mode is just typical wicked MPT. Gears are banging and tires and shredding.

I can’t recommend this tune with any higher level of esteem.

Good luck with your adventures

Have you tried the livneroisi tune?

mmacfn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Guy

Well i just received my nGUAGE yesterday gonna send it for the tune next week to MPT.

No 93 octane here so ill have to settle for the 91.

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My friends MPT is super fast! However I did notice the 1-2 shift is VERY harsh with light throttle... also, throttle response is a bit twitchy for my liking. I think he needs with v4 you speak of!

I have had the MPT tunes in my truck since a little before Xmas and I couldn't agree more with the 1-2 shifting and especially the twitchy throttle response. It takes a bit of getting used to. My wife was constantly making fun of me calling me "hey twitchy Mctwitch" :) I'm used to it now and totally love the 93PRX tune but may give MPT a shout to see what they can do for me.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike is gonna get a run on folks wanting the latest version!

It’s smooth as silk.

Nice update.

I have had the MPT tunes in my truck since a little before Xmas and I couldn't agree more with the 1-2 shifting and especially the twitchy throttle response. It takes a bit of getting used to. My wife was constantly making fun of me calling me "hey twitchy Mctwitch" :) I'm used to it now and totally love the 93PRX tune but may give MPT a shout to see what they can do for me.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

The shifting is smoother than stock.

No hard shifts. Not up or down... normal mode is just a beautiful daily driver.

Sport mode is just banging gears. There is a bigger difference between normal and sport in this version.

I think mike picked up some refinements working on the 2018s.

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MPT should get their tune 50 state legal like Whipple. MPT won't even ship to California and some other states.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They could, but then they would be held to the same horsepower constraints as Whipple to achieve the emissions goals.

You can’t have it both ways.

MPT should get their tune 50 state legal like Whipple. MPT won't even ship to California and some other states.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good deal! It's coming together for everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jikjak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They could, but then they would be held to the same horsepower constraints as Whipple to achieve the emissions goals.

You can’t have it both ways.

i wonder if Whipple has a different tune for people that dont live in California (and other states with strict emissions).