Linex wheel wells

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michelleandrews

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Do you guys recommend line xing the wheel wells and skid plate? Will it hold up and will it hurt anything? Also approximately how much would it cost?

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheel wells would be neat. Idk about the skid plate, I think I'd leave it how it is probably.

But I've got a gen 1 and the paint will wear in the wheel wells and chip and be open to rusting so I'd do it!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Michelleandrews

Michelleandrews

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Wheel wells would be neat. Idk about the skid plate, I think I'd leave it how it is probably.

But I've got a gen 1 and the paint will wear in the wheel wells and chip and be open to rusting so I'd do it!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have a 2017 so I'm not so worried about rust since the truck is aluminum. I live in somewhat the country and there are dirt. And gravel roads in some places. I've seen a few places where the paint has chipped off and just looking to protect my investment.

av8roc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My lineX dealer refused to do my wheel wells stating that I would never be able to remove any bolts after it’s done. He wanted to sell me on some RustX product which is like a black rubberized coating made for underbody applications. I may have the entire underside and wheel wells done, still undecided.

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my wheel wells Line X'd. Its easy to clean and fills in some of the gaps and crevices where stuff can hide. It was 250 extra when I did my bed. Its completely worth it to me.

OP
OP
Michelleandrews

Michelleandrews

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I got my wheel wells Line X'd. Its easy to clean and fills in some of the gaps and crevices where stuff can hide. It was 250 extra when I did my bed. Its completely worth it to me.

I got the factory bed liner from Ford. I'm going to have to see how much a place will charge for just the wheel wells. I've seen others in some of the fb forums do it themselves. Not sure if I can do that myself. I will let a professional do it for me and I'll just pay him.

OP
OP
Michelleandrews

Michelleandrews

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
My lineX dealer refused to do my wheel wells stating that I would never be able to remove any bolts after it’s done. He wanted to sell me on some RustX product which is like a black rubberized coating made for underbody applications. I may have the entire underside and wheel wells done, still undecided.

Will the undercoating hold up to salt and stuff? How much was the estimate for the undercoating?

KryptosXLayer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Line-X of Charlotte did mine in standard black for $240 after tax, was their first ever truck they did the rear wheel wells on. I couldn't believe that, but they were nervous as hell about it and took all day to do it. But it looks great, not much to take pics of now that it isn't body colored!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free