New Ford Performance Product - 2019 Edge ST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No thanks.
Love the Fiesta ST and Focus ST.
This is just dumb IMO.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The FiST and the FoST aren't known for their power but people really enjoy them. IMO it seems like pretty decent output for this application although a little more couldn't hurt. I think we'll have to see how it turns out.

It's definitely not the most exciting or shocking thing they could have announced but it has the potential to be a fun good selling car. I enjoyed my Explorer Sport while I had it and something more enthusiast oriented could be cool. Of course we all want to see a GT500 or Lightning but I don't think the Edge ST is necessarily a bad thing.

OP
OP
I

IronMountain

Reaction score
With the RS going away I wonder if Ford Performance has a limit for how many models it will have. Would having a ST/RS/Raptor model of each vehicle they make dilute the brand?

Seems like a Lightning and a Raptor could live together in a line up but I doubt they would.

Ford's press conference is in two days. My guess is the a Ranger reveal is the big news. If Ford Performance revealed the Edge ST already we probably won't see that much more from them.

For the Raptor I would guess Lead Foot going away and another one year color. Maybe wifi hotspot functionality also. When did Lead Foot get announced last year?

Part of my motivation in getting a Raptor in the last couple weeks was the small concern that the Raptor would go away for 2019 like the RS. If that happened then ADM's would be rampant. Of course the other direction would be the announcement of the MGD V10 motor in the Raptor and the values of 17s and 18s falling. I think both scenarios are unlikely.

Mostly I want to see the 2021 Bronco Raptor. Until then I'll be enjoying a ridiculously good truck with no regrets.