6.2 Y-Pipe help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptorpaul

Reaction score
I took a large rock to the factory y pipe on the passenger side just behind the cat. There is a dent but no hole there, however it caused an exhaust leak at the manifold and y pipe flanged connector. I have tried to reposition it with no success and took it to a muffler shop who repositioned and put some sealant on the joint which worked for a couple months. The problem is back just wondering if anyone else has had similar issue or suggestions. I am tempted to cut the flange off and weld on a new one. Or if I buy a new y pipe no cat will it throw CEL? “Of course off road use only” and could I get it shipped to CA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpwrx2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No cats will cause a CEL, it can be remedied with a tune but will show an O2 readiness fault at emissions time

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If cheaper to fix do that if not just buy an after market y pipe with no cats and call it a day.

Red01Z06

Reaction score
I too had a leak and have been looking for after market Y-Pipes with cats for our trucks. I only see ones for long tubes. Are there any after market y-pipes that work with stock manifolds?

OP
OP
raptorpaul

raptorpaul

Reaction score
I too had a leak and have been looking for after market Y-Pipes with cats for our trucks. I only see ones for long tubes. Are there any after market y-pipes that work with stock manifolds?

Only one I found was Bassani with no cats. Would have to swap out every two years. “When it drives on the street” for reg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk