Livernois tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

Heelfan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will know sometime this week as the tuner should be here Tuesday or Wednesday. They said that the 18 tunes were done in 93 and 91 octane and the other fuel grades and towing should be finished very soon.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will know sometime this week as the tuner should be here Tuesday or Wednesday. They said that the 18 tunes were done in 93 and 91 octane and the other fuel grades and towing should be finished very soon.

Sounds good, looking forward to your review

OP
OP
H

Heelfan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got an email today that my strategy code is new to them and it will take a few days to get the tunes built.

Patiently waiting....

OP
OP
H

Heelfan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the tune installed this evening. Started with the 93 performance tune since the tank was full of 93 exxon.

Granted this isn't my first tune on an ecoboost and my third from Livernois.

First of all I always like to put a few miles on a new tune to let the vehicle learn. Also I had a throttle commander installed so that kinda scew the butt dyno a little. (when you get used to the initial increased response it masks the tuning lower end)

First of all a very noticeable harder pull to redline. Stock I always thought the truck labored a little from 4500 to redline, now it pulls hard to redline.

The throttle commander was taken off at the beginning and throttle response in normal mode was just a tad less than with city +1 on the throttle commander. Though sport felt like the throttle commander was still installed. (remember that Livernois does not have trans tuning at this time).

Just to play around I installed the TC and played around with the settings. City and city +1 are ok in normal but way too sensitive in sport mode. Since I have it I'm going to play around with the settings too see if there is a happy medium somewhere.

So far its what I would expected with the Livernois tuning, a very noticeable gain in torque and top end pull. Looking forward to further revisions and trans tuning from them.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the tuner too but do to my transmission leaking and no one being able to pinpoint the leak my Raptor remains at the dealer for week #3.

Once the transmission is resolved I’ll move forward with the Livernois tune too.

I uploaded 93 LMS tune today. I waited until new transmission had ~1000 miles and truck has ~11,000 miles overall.

After a few computer glitches getting tunes uploaded to programmer from LMS it was an easy upload to the truck.

After 100 miles so far so good. It just pulls and pulls and pulls in sport mode and much more responsive in normal (eco) mode. If this is 50 hp/80 lbs torque I can’t imagine what it feels like in a MPT or Whipple tuned truck.

I plan to upgrade intercooler and CAi next.