4.10 Torsen Diff not stand alone Option?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gonetrucking

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I recently went to a local dealer that told me the 4.10 torsen dif is not longer a stand alone option in 2018 and is only available with the 802A package. I had no intention of getting the 802A and don't want to spend the additional $6,000 so that was disapointing to hear.

Has everyone else heard the same thing when ordering 2018s? Want to make sure my dealer isn't getting this wrong.

Best,
Nick

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
goto ford.com and build a raptor and you will see that the "4.10 front axle with TORSEN® Differential" can be had for $500.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I recently went to a local dealer that told me the 4.10 torsen dif is not longer a stand alone option in 2018 and is only available with the 802A package. I had no intention of getting the 802A and don't want to spend the additional $6,000 so that was disapointing to hear.

Has everyone else heard the same thing when ordering 2018s? Want to make sure my dealer isn't getting this wrong.

Best,
Nick

Your dealer is wrong.
I have an 18 with the 801 and ordered the Torsen as a stand alone

OP
OP
G

Gonetrucking

Reaction score
goto ford.com and build a raptor and you will see that the "4.10 front axle with TORSEN® Differential" can be had for $500.

I do see that, they said options on Ford's site and theirs (dealer) was often different... I didn't 100% buy into this but wanted to confirm, hoping someone else already ordered a 2018 with it as a stand alone without 802A.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most dealers like to order all the options so they can make more $$. And if I was a betting man, I would bet that the build configurator at Ford.com is correct and that the dealer/salesman is wrong.

I do see that, they said options on Ford's site and theirs (dealer) was often different... I didn't 100% buy into this but wanted to confirm, hoping someone else already ordered a 2018 with it as a stand alone without 802A.

Last edited:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Best,
Nick

Could be they are lying to you because they don't want to order a truck without the 802A package in case you back out before it comes in. They might not want to waste an allocation on a truck that would have a lower margin and be harder to sell.

OP
OP
G

Gonetrucking

Reaction score
Could be they are lying to you because they don't want to order a truck without the 802A package in case you back out before it comes in. They might not want to waste an allocation on a truck that would have a lower margin and be harder to sell.

This is very possible. They did say the deposit is refundable so I assume they want an easy to sell one. Stinks for the average consumer that just takes their word for it though. That being said, they have been straight forward with everything else so I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

If they give you any shit, I will send you my window sticker so you can show them.

****** dealers.

Appreciate that, I hope it doesn't come to that but I will certainly take you up on the offer if it happens.

Best,
Nick