Tuning with HP Tuners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the supercharger, intake, and exhaust are all Roush, why would you assume that the tune is anything other than Roush?

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
So it turns out it was tuned by Roush. I found the sticker under the hood stating to not reprogram the ECU but to call Roush first.

Also it turns out my boost gauge is off. Based on the OBDII reading I'm getting around 11 PSI boost now at WOT.

I have the ATI 12% OD super damper crank pulley coming this next week. I am going to try to dyno before and after and I will post the results if it gives any more HP or not.

Aksubiedubie

Reaction score
I've done a fair amount of research and tuned the turbo setup I built a few months ago. Install/build took way too long and got it running for a few weeks but pulled it all out as I didn't have time to screw with the torque maps. Reasoning was I was moving from AK to WA and had to tow shit and didn't want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere.

Got it running half decent other than physically needed turbo moved an inch away from master cyl reservoir and said torque map tuning.

If you got any questions on what to adjust for what I have a pretty good idea what's going on. Ran really well on first startup using a 4" blow through MAF.

HPTuners finally gained access to the offroad mode shift points which I'm sure is super helpful with more power. Very nice.

- Isaac

JONBLARC7

Reaction score
I have a HP tuner ?

I'm softly looking i will say for a supercharged Raptor to replace my 6.2 denali and I already have HP tuners but I'm still learning.

I can't find any threads about people using Widebands. How are you checking your air fuel ratio. You can command what ever you want but how are you checking what is coming out of the your tail pipes. On a GM truck the stock O2's only read so far.

Aksubiedubie

Reaction score
I have a HP tuner ?

I'm softly looking i will say for a supercharged Raptor to replace my 6.2 denali and I already have HP tuners but I'm still learning.

I can't find any threads about people using Widebands. How are you checking your air fuel ratio. You can command what ever you want but how are you checking what is coming out of the your tail pipes. On a GM truck the stock O2's only read so far.

Factory front O2 sensors ARE wideband in all coyote/6.2L/Ecoboost vehicles.
I got an nGauge and it works perfect for monitoring AFR/Lambda.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
I will definitely pick your brain once I start my tune. I didn't know that they finally accessed the off road mode. That is a huge game changer!

I've done a fair amount of research and tuned the turbo setup I built a few months ago. Install/build took way too long and got it running for a few weeks but pulled it all out as I didn't have time to screw with the torque maps. Reasoning was I was moving from AK to WA and had to tow shit and didn't want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere.

Got it running half decent other than physically needed turbo moved an inch away from master cyl reservoir and said torque map tuning.

If you got any questions on what to adjust for what I have a pretty good idea what's going on. Ran really well on first startup using a 4" blow through MAF.

HPTuners finally gained access to the offroad mode shift points which I'm sure is super helpful with more power. Very nice.

- Isaac

JONBLARC7

Reaction score
Thats good to know

So your nGauge is just there to make sure your in the limits while driving. GM factory O2 sensors aren't accurate enough to do WOT tuning using them.

GHOST2014

Reaction score
Aksubiedubie

- Isaac
With your knowledge for your set up do you think you can help with the tune for my raptor I have a 2013 but instead of a standard kit made it work with a 2013 shelby gt500 supercharger is the same as th roush it's a tvs2300 using hp tuners to tune it

itsrichierich

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bumping an old thread. I have the previous model HP Tuner device for tuning for Tacoma and would like to use it for my Raptor. Who has used a custom tune using their HP Tuner?

I would love to buy a JDM tune but after buying the SCT an the tune, it's over $1k. Would rather save that money for upper arms.