So, who want's an 8-Rib setup for their Whipple'd Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because Livernois Motorsports has one now!

ex_q90_w680_h_images_ePIM_original_8-rib-final.jpg

Long known for our unique upgrades for the 6.2L equipped Ford F150, Raptor, and Super Duty trucks, we have another great new product being released! Customers have been making great power for years with the potent Whipple 2.9L Supercharger when used with our upgraded line of Powerstorm 6.2L and 6.6L Engines, but one area they always had trouble was really pushing the power level on the 6-rib belt system. Now, that problem is a thing of the past. Our 8-rib belt upgrade for these trucks is now available and includes all necessary components for this complete upgrade! From pulleys to brackets, belts to bolts, and even tensioners to seals, we include all the pieces necessary to complete the job! Now you can go out and hammer the trails with far less worry about losing a belt along the way! Available for purchase now, so stop shredding, snapping, and losing you 6-rib belts, and start enjoying the trucks the way they were meant to be!

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm really interested!!!

BUT, that Thumper tensioner has got to go for me.

I tried the Thumper 4 years ago cost me $4000 to try it.
It completely destroys the bearings in the alternator, I had to remove the Whipple twice and the dealer would not warranty the second alternator.

Unless you can guarantee the cost to repair my truck when the alternator gets destroyed
or if you have another option for the tensioner I'm out for now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was all excited til I saw the price?

With the parts and pieces necessary, it's definitely not an economy focused system. just 2 parts of this alone are over half the cost, not to mention all of the custom CNC machined pieces necessary for it's success. That's not even counting the R+D time that goes into it as well.

I'm really interested!!!

BUT, that Thumper tensioner has got to go for me.

I tried the Thumper 4 years ago cost me $4000 to try it.
It completely destroys the bearings in the alternator, I had to remove the Whipple twice and the dealer would not warranty the second alternator.

Unless you can guarantee the cost to repair my truck when the alternator gets destroyed
or if you have another option for the tensioner I'm out for now.

Are you certain of the cause of the failures? I ask because we have about 20 of these 8-ribs out there, with some out there over a year in the field under heavy use, but we'e been using these tensioners for going on 4 years. We even have a customer with over 80k miles with one, and he's never had an alternator issue. Nor about 40 or so other customers. We did have a customer with an F150 Harley truck have alternator issues, but that was with the stock tensioner. after 2 failed, we put him into a Raptor alternator and it's been good ever since, about 40k miles as of now, 10k on stock, another 10k with the tensioner, and now another 20k have been with the 8-rib.

The price is ridiculously outraging, I can make it in CNC machine shop cheaper and better.

I am surprised to see backlash on us developing a system people have been asking for, and never getting, for nearly 7 years. You make it seem like all of this takes a few minutes. Designing a FEAD is not a simple process in the slightest. If you look at what we are providing it's fairly priced.

Without boring you with too many specifics, an 8-rib system for a GM costs about $1100. It doesn't include tensioners, brackets, or an A/C pulley. For a Mustang, they're almost 1900, and don't include a billet tensioner (only a cast one) and no a/c pulley. So I am not sure I follow how a similarly priced offering that includes higher priced components is somehow a bad price?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes sir I have dealer invoices,
I tried working with Thumper and even offered to drive over to NJ too let them figure out the correct Tension so it doesn't eat the bearings.
They were very rude and didn't want to here about it.

I finally sold it to another member, it seems to be fine for NA Raptors.

I really want this 8 rib system!!! To me this is not too high a price.
I have shredded at least 15 belts over the years and it happens only in the winter months.

Now Ford has another revised Tensioner for the Raptor, it now has a polycarbonate pulley.
So far I haven't shredded one this year yet.
But if you can fit a 8 rib pulley on the new revised stock Tensioner!!!

I'll be ready with my credit card!!!!!

My guess is since it's an 8 rib the pressure is more evened out along the pulley on the alternator, this way you're seeing no problems.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes sir I have dealer invoices,
I tried working with Thumper and even offered to drive over to NJ too let them figure out the correct Tension so it doesn't eat the bearings.
They were very rude and didn't want to here about it.

I finally sold it to another member, it seems to be fine for NA Raptors.

I really want this 8 rib system!!! To me this is not too high a price.
I have shredded at least 15 belts over the years and it happens only in the winter months.

Now Ford has another revised Tensioner for the Raptor, it now has a polycarbonate pulley.
So far I haven't shredded one this year yet.
But if you can fit a 8 rib pulley on the new revised stock Tensioner!!!

I'll be ready with my credit card!!!!!

Mainly I asked because most times shops point the finger at something and it's unrelated. Our customer with the F150 we happened to luck out replacing the F150 unit with the Raptor unit, but that's not enough data for us to condemn the F150 alternator. Based on our unit the upgraded tensioner's increase in tension is not nearly enough to cause any issues, and have even done some even higher tension version for race builds without a problem.

Now, we had tried doing a system that used the stock tensioner, but whether the older design, or newer design, it would snap the tensioner, or pulley, clean off. Necessitating the Billet unit for these trucks.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got ya, that's why I mentioned the newer stock pulley, it's a flat surface.
I never liked that stamped ******** with the curve, if the belt gets to close it, it would run over and shred the belt

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

May I ask if you can remember selling one for a 2010 1/2 Whippled Raptor yet.
I'm asking because I still can't confirm all the parts are exactly the same for the 2010 1/2 vs. 2011-2014.

Ford Parts has different id part numbers for the different years I mentioned.

Are you open today?

I left a message on your ext.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got ya, that's why I mentioned the newer stock pulley, it's a flat surface.
I never liked that stamped ******** with the curve, if the belt gets to close it, it would run over and shred the belt

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

May I ask if you can remember selling one for a 2010 1/2 Whippled Raptor yet.
I'm asking because I still can't confirm all the parts are exactly the same for the 2010 1/2 vs. 2011-2014.

Ford Parts has different id part numbers for the different years I mentioned.

Are you open today?

While we have not installed on in house on a 2010.5 the engineering data designates it all will work. There was a change to the timing cover later on for these that lost a provision for an idler pulley, but that only impacts those people with procharger setups.