Raptizzle's Gen 2 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Johnson

Reaction score
Quote:Watching this, it's almost identical to the way the Icon system works just slightly different.

If my memory serves me correctly Icon uses a smaller additional piston to make them position and speed sensitive instead of the metering rod

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raptizzle

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey raptizzle I got a question, So with the fox’s added and your leaf springs in the rear I believe u did. What do you have on the truck to raise the front height to fit 37s? I apologize for stupid question also I’m just lost on suspension stuff but I want to build my truck up right and it seems you are on the right path.

These KING shocks have a threaded body up top and the gold ring allows you to adjust preload on the coil spring to set a desired ride height.

dcf944f9b9ae679e6113011798f97f16.jpg

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These KING shocks have a threaded body up top and the gold ring allows you to adjust preload on the coil spring to set a desired ride height.

dcf944f9b9ae679e6113011798f97f16.jpg

So with these I could raise the front up like 2 inch’s and still have the best ride quality on road and be able to off road run the hell out of it? How high can you raise the front up by adjusting that gold ring?

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will just pm you sometime and ask u questions, I’m so lost on this stuff..I didn’t mean to mess up your build thread bud.

OP
OP
Raptizzle

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a Mob Armor Switch mount for my iPhone 7+ from James @AlternativeOffroad last week. Been wanting one of these for a while and when I learned about their new GPS App, I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

http://www.alternativeoffroad.com/Mob-Armor-Mob-Mount-Switch-Modular-Phone-Mount_p_1147.html

Mob Armor designs their switch style mounts for off-road intended use and holds the phone securely in place while "mobbing" through the desert. Build quality is great and I'm confident it'll hold up better than any other mounts on the market. Yes, they're pricier than alternative options but you get what you pay for.

The Gen 1 Raptors allowed for more mounting options on the drivers side of the center dash panel but the Gen 2's don't have that kind of real estate. I settled for the location under the 12 and 110 Volt panel. It works pretty decent in that area and isn't too far but also doesn't interfere with any dash controls or impede line of site.

0bd2e5a5d644cd122a81564da8f4c1d4.jpg

1338445c90d3a1e8fa5d2d49737e45b3.jpg

6cbe419fa9d588d3d245ad883245ad28.jpg

The GPS App is downloadable through the App Store and has a ton of cool functions. It's a great option for guys not wanting to go with a full tilt Lowrance setup.

http://mobarmorapps.com