Bought a 2014. Have some comments and questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
allenfrx

allenfrx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Follow up question.

Is this a saftey or wear related issue or does it jost soften the ride?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
allenfrx

allenfrx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting point. An online rep for BFG said don't run them.

There is a goodyear store up the street abd they say they swap between C,D and E on various sized F150s all the time with zero concerns.

The only exception they was was the F250 must have E on it no matter what the customer insists on.

He did say that i should probably keep these at the max 45psi at all times since they are C and Ford's door insert says 44 PSI. He said you wouldn't run these de-aired unless there were some extenuating circumstance.

I could see how that might limit off road performance and create an issue??

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score

There is a goodyear store up the street abd they say they swap between C,D and E on various sized F150s all the time with zero concerns.

The only exception they was was the F250 must have E on it no matter what the customer insists on.

He did say that i should probably keep these at the max 45psi at all times since they are C and Ford's door insert says 44 PSI. He said you wouldn't run these de-aired unless there were some extenuating circumstance.

at 45 psi you would bounce like a pinball all over the road...

OP
OP
allenfrx

allenfrx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats the recommended cold pressure on these.

I run my sports car below pressure in the summer on purpose as it recommends 36PSI cold and when they get hot they hit 42psi. That causes you to lose traction so i run them at 31 or 32 PSI and ride around with warning lights on all the time. In the winter i air them up a but because you cant get much traction on cold tires anyway so no sense trying to *** those 4.2 second quarter miles anyway.

So how much preasure do you run in raptor? The ride feels very smooth to me.

You want bouncy? Try a GT500 with after market suspension on top of the SVT pckg

We joke that you could tell the diffetence betweem a penny, a dime or a quarter by running over with the car and once you got good you could count the change in the road along your commute by feel.....its THAT hard.

The Raptor feels like a 76 CC coupe de'ville by comparision???

Hell, its smoother than the 16 explorer i traded for it and on par with my old titan.

The roads round here are pretry rough...

One road in a particular will send my sports cars airborne and is so bad you have to fight the wheel to keep the pavement from pulling those super sport tires and driving you right in the adjacent lane...and this happens when the wheel is fixed in a perfectly straight line. You literally have to turn the wheel to the left like you are getting into the turn lane just to keep the car straight (perfromance tires are the issue. Cars with all weather tires don't seem to do it on that road)

I told my wife we finally have a vehicle we can do the speed limit on Wrightsboro road without tearing it up...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

Plenty of threads on the subject here. The GEN1 door jam shows 44psi. I personally run 40psi with BFG KO’s Load D or E rated tires. The door jam on the GEN2’s with the tires you have will show 38psi.

I have a brand new set of KO2’s Load E that will go on soon once I get my front suspension dialed in. I will run those at 40psi.

Its ultimately your decision but I would not run a lesser sidewall and Load C on my GEN1 when off-roading. Maybe if it only saw pavement and I never went above 100mph then I might consider those tires but me not going off-road or not going over 100 will never happen for me, hit close to 100 almost every day. [emoji23]

Last edited by a moderator:

smurfskier

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Remember our Raptors are heavier than a standard f150

OP
OP
allenfrx

allenfrx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im going to take it in and bring it up tomorrow.

I don't normally do more than 100 in a truck...though mid 80s is common.

I am not sure how much leverage ill have to get them to order D class?

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you are getting bad info about the tires. Both the C and E rated version have three ply sidewalls. Both are rated for sustained use at 112 mph. The C rated tires are good for over 2500 lbs each, which is more than the Raptors GVWR. The tires themselves weigh THE SAME at 65 lbs. Tell me again about the more robust construction... The difference is the E rated version gets pumped up to 65 psi to carry an additional 700 lbs per tire.

There is no reason to not keep them and wear them out. It is more than enough tire for the truck.