Chipwerke for 2017 Ecoboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mikeyj67

Reaction score
I have been driving around in a regular f150 for the past few days with both installed to see if it would make a difference. It still has the bang/bucking feeling and the hesitation, weird shifts and weird turbo reactions. When it works it's awesome but these problems are starting to become annoying.

Jmorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I emailed the logs. All logs PC was active but I assure you that with or without the quirks are the same. If need be I can log tomorrow without PC active.

Perfect. Does the Nguage allow you to export data files? I'd love to look at a WOT log, and some cruising logs. Specifically one in each of the Raptor modes.

Without Pedal Commander active.

Jmorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Logs have been emailed.... awaiting some answers from PC to the drivability issues.....

After a few more days of driving with this combo, the quirks are actually getting more pronounced. At first I was impressed but now it’s just becoming annoying. Seems to be getting worse as the truck tries to “learn”. My wife road in my truck for first time last night and asked me “what the heck is wrong with your truck?” It’s much faster but bucks and kicks unless slowly roll into the throttle. Stab the throttle and it goes stupid for a second then hauls ass. Power is there. Drivability is poor at this point.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. After several days and 500 miles there is a disconnect between the turbo spool, throttle cracking and torque management in the transmission. Locked in 10th at 65 mph and going over rolling hills there is a noticeable, light "thud" from down below after the turbos spool up. It happens each time. General drivability is down as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. After several days and 500 miles there is a disconnect between the turbo spool, throttle cracking and torque management in the transmission. Locked in 10th at 65 mph and going over rolling hills there is a noticeable, light "thud" from down below after the turbos spool up. It happens each time. General drivability is down as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Historically this has always been a issue with intercept type modules that enhance engine performance and power without addressing transmission programming. I'd be willing to bet that the tcm is freaking out and causing most of these issues.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, especially with a complicated 10 speed tranny with various modes. The shift and torque logic was designed to work with stock ecu programming.

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed my ChipWerke today so I can sell it ($300 shipped anywhere in the US, used for 1K miles) and holy crap... You don't realize how much power it makes until you take it off!! Truck feels like a slug now!! Can't wait to get my Whipple Stage 1 now... Because it's SLOW without something increasing boost.

RWE

Reaction score
putkpg81's chipwerke on my 18 and drivability is just as good as it was before and a decent bit faster on 2-1. pulled the negative while I did it as well.

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome !

I never tried the 2-1 setting. Nice to know it's a noticeable difference moving it up a notch. It definitely wakes the truck up ! Enjoy