2018 add subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tcspase

Reaction score
I purchase a 2018 raptor supercrew with the 802 option. I would like to have some extra bass. What would be the best option? Order the subwoofer from the factory and upgrade it, or do not order the sub and go completely aftermarket after I get the truck? Are there easy options to add a sub if you did not buy one from the factory? I’m not looking to do anything crazy. I was planning on just changing out all the speakers and adding a small subwoofer. I just wanted to know what kind of aftermarket options are available. My window for making this decision is closing pretty fast and I need to tell my sales rep something soon. As far as I can tell, kicker does not have an aftermarket sub available for the BO system yet. I want to keep the cost down and make it as stock looking as possible. Please let me know if you have added a sub to the 2018. Thanks. First post by the way.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome.
Doesnt the 2018 802 come with the B/O system, and that has a sub?

OP
OP
T

Tcspase

Reaction score
Are you sure? I looked on fords website. It seemed like it’s own add on option.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

I ordered mine through MAS military auto sales. I specifically remember telling the rep that I thought it would be stupid because it’s an $800 option and I could easily add one later....but I haven’t read one thread about anyone adding one to a 2018 with the BO system. Only upgrading a sub that was already in the truck

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

I ordered mine through MAS military auto sales. I specifically remember telling the rep that I thought it would be stupid because it’s an $800 option and I could easily add one later....but I haven’t read one thread about anyone adding one to a 2018 with the BO system. Only upgrading a sub that was already in the truck

the add on option was for a sony sub. i can't imagine they would put a sony sub on the BO system.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score

150% sure. Sub behind the rear seat on the driver's side.

Thus why the seat release is pointless if you have a 2018 with the b&O option.

JustBillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My SCAB 802 B&O system came with a sub. It’s not much of a thumper, but this is what it looks like.

Attachments

• 20171123_132707.jpg
    20171123_132707.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 391
OP
OP
T

Tcspase

Reaction score
Fantastic. That is great to hear. I will just upgrade the sub that comes with the truck. I have been reading the $500 upgrade thread and it sounds like exactly what I want to do. Thanks for the great info. I’m stationed here in Korea so this forum is the best place for me to get my info.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It looks very similar to the Sony, you can probably do something like I did on my ’17:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f266/added-sub-52819/

- swapping only the speaker will get you nothing by way of sound, and nothing noticeable by way of quality of sound.
- as big as the amped sub impact is, roll of dynamat coating the sub enclosure makes the sound quality of the bass much better.

BDF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I upgraded all the speakers, they are all crap paper stuff, but for the sub, its a dual 4 ohm 8, the cross over is set very low. The amp is a 2 channel, not a mono block.

I got a ported box and 10 DVC 4, wired it to the factory "B&O" amp, still breaking the sub in, but hit much harder and of course lower.

I am sort of wondering now if I could have done dual 2 ohm, running it hard to break in the sub barely gets it warm.

Anyone know the Part No for the wire that goes from the amp to the sub? its a 4 wire, red, green, black and white harness. Cut mine and like to be able to go back to stock at some point if I need to pull the box for a road trip or something.