GEN 2 Anyone have Raptor Computer Network Woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GLFSHNT

Reaction score
While driving my 2017 Raptor on the freeway, sensors started failing and warning lights lit up. I lost all controls for radio, heat, some windows. - It is quite a challenge when you cannot turn off a radios and the heat is stuck on high.

The Truck has been at the dealers for 2 weeks. The replaced a computer controller and tell me there is a network issue and the various systsm are not talking to each other. Has anyone ever heard of this sort of thing on a Raptor?

The Dealer appears stuck. they wait for Ford to send info, they try it, it doesn't work, they send data back to Ford and wait again....

I would be nice to get my truck back this year.....

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While driving my 2017 Raptor on the freeway, sensors started failing and warning lights lit up. I lost all controls for radio, heat, some windows. - It is quite a challenge when you cannot turn off a radios and the heat is stuck on high.

The Truck has been at the dealers for 2 weeks. The replaced a computer controller and tell me there is a network issue and the various systsm are not talking to each other. Has anyone ever heard of this sort of thing on a Raptor?

The Dealer appears stuck. they wait for Ford to send info, they try it, it doesn't work, they send data back to Ford and wait again....

Post a video.

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. Not to split hairs with the wording from the dealership, but the computer in the truck does not function on an ethernet or wireless network. There are no packets being sent back and forth. No TCP or UDP data that I am aware of. I am a network and telecommunications engineer, but not a PCM expert. I can only imagine the person that told you its a “Network Issue” was just guessing at terminology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sometimes a weephole will fix it.

donh

Reaction score
Hmmm. Not to split hairs with the wording from the dealership, but the computer in the truck does not function on an ethernet or wireless network. There are no packets being sent back and forth. No TCP or UDP data that I am aware of. I am a network and telecommunications engineer, but not a PCM expert. I can only imagine the person that told you its a “Network Issue” was just guessing at terminology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps he's talking about CAN networks. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAN_bus

D

Deleted member 12951

Post a video.

How does he do that without having to go back to the dealer to take it from them?

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

No floods in my neck of the woods... no water issues

So is it still happening every single time right now? Can you go there and take a video to post up?