Gen 2 OE rear shocks on gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bamared

Reaction score
Im sure the gen1 springs will work, however thats not the problem. Even with a 1.5 inch spacer block, the upper a arms crash into the spring at full drop (not to mention the severe angles on the cv's.)
That pic of the side by side isn't mine...but it looks closer to 3 inches which would make the above problems even worse.
What @downforce137 said, the best solution is to move the buckets up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes i agree moving the upper bucket would be a fix. I agree the Gen2 is longer overall as is, and i would NOT install the 1.5 lift block. With the truck on the jack stands and suspension hanging free, the guy that installed the front didnt mention anything about the shock or coil running into the upper control arm. Only issue reported was that the spring rubbed on the driveshaft at ride height, and the spring was close to the frame at ride height. the coil on the Gen2 is much bigger in OD, which is causing the issue.

Still waiting on a few more measurements.

Gashawg

Reaction score
Based on all the comments, it would seem the Gen 2 front and rear would work well on a lifted Raptor if the Gen 1 coils will fit the Gen 2 shock

jpwrx2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just bought a set of gen 2 takeoffs with 20 miles for 999 shipped.... I will get a bunch of accurate measurements when they come in. I am convinced this setup can be made to work.

07Alloy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So there are no issues with the rear shocks fitting and functioning properly? I’m very interested in starting this but want to make sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lengths are different. That could affect lots of things under full droop/compression.

Very possible and also likely. And I'll add, if at normal ride height the piston is in a different location inside the shock body this will also affect compression and rebound damping during normal road driving as well possible making road manners harsh or even possibly intolerable.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
It's all about how much thrust per squeeze the Gen2 shocks are capable of....

07Alloy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think the real question would be how long are they when mounted. Are they mounted still in the same range as they are on the gen 2. I have deaver 3+ on the rear. That adds some height and could potentially put the gen 2 shocks closer to stock range but I’m sure mounting points could be totally different distances between generations.

I would like to hear from anyone who has already had them mounted as to the feel of them at least.

Also. As a side note. Someone some time ago mentioned getting a hold of Walter at Aftermarket Headquarters I think it’s called. They said he knew how to make these work. Not sure, but thought I would throw it out there.

bamared

Reaction score
I would think the real question would be how long are they when mounted. Are they mounted still in the same range as they are on the gen 2. I have deaver 3+ on the rear. That adds some height and could potentially put the gen 2 shocks closer to stock range but I’m sure mounting points could be totally different distances between generations.

I would like to hear from anyone who has already had them mounted as to the feel of them at least.

Also. As a side note. Someone some time ago mentioned getting a hold of Walter at Aftermarket Headquarters I think it’s called. They said he knew how to make these work. Not sure, but thought I would throw it out there.

if you read the thread, the information is there. They mount exactly the same. the bigest difference is the Gen2 mount 1 forward and 1 facing the rear. So the stick is on the inside when mounted on Gen1. lol

So, worried about having the same stroke.. and travel position on the piston? should not be an issue, they can be adjusted by nitrogen for a precharge correct? so you can adjust them a little i would guess. also, deavers +3 would be perfect anyways. removes 2" block and adds an inch.. sounds like a win win to me