GEN 1 Right Rear Door Open Message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2012 Raptor Screw with 70K miles. I've been getting a message that my right rear door is open (and the corresponding little door open icon) when it's not. At first it was intermittent, but now it's most of the time and it's driving me crazy. I assume it's sensor related. I still have an extended warranty, but wanted to check first here to see if there were any simple tricks or things to check before it goes into the dealer?

Thanks!

TrailWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s likely the door latch. The latch contains everything, the lock, door ajar sensor, etc.
it could also be the wiring in the door jamb. I had an issue with my drivers rear door not locking/unlocking, and figured it was the latch. Replaced It, and still didn’t work. Ended up taking it to the dealer, and they found the wiring in the door jamb was getting pinched and finally broke. You may want to check there to start.

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s likely the door latch. The latch contains everything, the lock, door ajar sensor, etc.
it could also be the wiring in the door jamb. I had an issue with my drivers rear door not locking/unlocking, and figured it was the latch. Replaced It, and still didn’t work. Ended up taking it to the dealer, and they found the wiring in the door jamb was getting pinched and finally broke. You may want to check there to start.

Dealer replaced the switch under warranty - so I didn't get many details, but that was it.