GEN 2 Tire Rotation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the raptor's ecu can only see 4 sensors at a time so a 5th sensor and a relearn every rotation would be fine. Although I don't think the Raptor displays which tires are where so you shouldn't have to re-learn every rotation unless a 5th sensor is added.

Not sure about Gen1 but the Gen2 shows the TMPS by location (FR,FL,RR,RL) So you need to relearn them after each rotation. This can be done without the tool. Use the same process as below.

1) Make sure your tires are inflated to the recommended psi.

2) Turn ignition to the on position. If you have a push button start, push the start button without pressing the brake pedal.

3) Push the hazard light button 6 times. The horn should honk and you should see "Train left front tire" in the LCD display between the tach and speedo.

4) Release air pressure in the front left tire until you hear the horn honk. The LCD display should now read "Train right front tire".

5) Release air pressure in the right front tire until you hear the horn honk.

6) Repeat for the right rear tire, and then the left rear tire.

7) You should now see "Training Complete" in the LCD display.

8) Fill your tires back up to the recommended pressure

I stole this from here:

How To Train TPMS with no learning tool

If you use the tool it just means that you don't have to deflate and re-inflate the tires.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not sure about Gen1 but the Gen2 shows the TMPS by location (FR,FL,RR,RL) So you need to relearn them after each rotation. This can be done without the tool. Use the same process as below.

1) Make sure your tires are inflated to the recommended psi.

2) Turn ignition to the on position. If you have a push button start, push the start button without pressing the brake pedal.

3) Push the hazard light button 6 times. The horn should honk and you should see "Train left front tire" in the LCD display between the tach and speedo.

4) Release air pressure in the front left tire until you hear the horn honk. The LCD display should now read "Train right front tire".

5) Release air pressure in the right front tire until you hear the horn honk.

6) Repeat for the right rear tire, and then the left rear tire.

7) You should now see "Training Complete" in the LCD display.

8) Fill your tires back up to the recommended pressure

I stole this from here:

How To Train TPMS with no learning tool

If you use the tool it just means that you don't have to deflate and re-inflate the tires.

GEN 1 did not. I have only really checked out an 801A package. It didn't look like it had locations for the tires but I didn't play around with it too much. It's nice Ford finally did this. GM has been doing it for over a decade. That was the only one up they had on ford lol.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I want to rotate the tires including the spare since I paid for it.

I assume I can add a TPMS for the spare and have the Raptor re-learn the 4 tires on the ground ignoring the spare.

Here's a TPMS for a Ford F-150 2017 from CJ Pony Parts

https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-ti...or-valve-stem-type-f-150-2015-2017/p/TBANDS8/

$39.99 but may not be in stock - good price to have when talking to Ford dealer

tbands8_1.2485.jpg

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I took my Raptor in for its first oil & filter change at the dealership today. I bought a TPMS and had them install it in my spare and then had them do a 5-tire rotation. Got the new (spare) on the front per the 5-tire rotation shown below.

They then reset the TPMS so the 4 tires on the ground are registered and reporting PSI to the Raptor's display. Next time I go there I'll have them do the rotation so I'm using the spare and getting value from it sharing the wear with the other tires.

Recommendation: Go to CJ Pony Parts or somewhere else to get a TPMS at a good price. I was able to get the stealership to reduce the price a bit but I paid more than CJ Pony Parts charges. Bring the TPMS to your dealership/tire store when they do the 5-tire rotation.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 5 Tire Rotation.jpg
    5 Tire Rotation.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 521

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Did they charge you extra or give you any guff about the 5x rotation instead of 4x?

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of extra hassle to include the spare in rotation.

You do realize that you will be buying 5 new tires instead of 4 when you need to replace.

So any cost savings is minuscule at best

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with six tires. Bought another matching beadlock rim and tire. Discount tire did the work. I think that I paid $39.95 each for the two TPMS units. I'm doing a simple fronts to back, spares to front, backs to spares rotation.

I also had the wheel weights removed and put in balance beads. The beads are working great. 2,500 miles of pavement and 500 miles of off-road so far. Maxed the speedo out at 108 mph and it road smooth as silk.

I recommend both Discount Tire and the balance beads.

costnsg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with six tires. Bought another matching beadlock rim and tire. Discount tire did the work. I think that I paid $39.95 each for the two TPMS units. I'm doing a simple fronts to back, spares to front, backs to spares rotation.

I also had the wheel weights removed and put in balance beads. The beads are working great. 2,500 miles of pavement and 500 miles of off-road so far. Maxed the speedo out at 108 mph and it road smooth as silk.

I recommend both Discount Tire and the balance beads.

I have beads in my Harley tires, but I heard there is a concern with using them in wider tires. I will never do anything but beads in a motorcycle based on my experience. Now you have me thinking about the truck tires.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TPMS and tire rotation

I'm doing the six tire rotation with TPMS sensors in all six tires. Spares to front, front to back, back to spares.

I did the last rotation myself and the Raptor knew which tire was where after the rotation. In other words...no need to reprogram.

Last edited:

2k18Rptr

Reaction score
I was going to have a dealer do a tire rotation on my 2018 Raptor. They suggested just moving them back to front keeping the tires on the same side. I asked why not follow the manual, didn’t get an answer aside from they were too busy to do it. I assume most folks are moving the backs to the front and taking the fronts and crossing the to the rear like manual correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk