Texas Dealers selling 2018 at MSRP, Any Recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phatjoe

Banned
Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone purchase a 2018 Raptor at MSRP in Texas? If so, do you mind sharing the dealership name, and if possible, the sales guy.

I'm in Austin, but willing to travel to Dallas, Houston, etc.

I'm open to purchasing outside of Texas, but I have a trade. It complicates it a bit when dealers are beyond 200+ miles.

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try Friendly Ford in Crosby, near Houston.

I did try friendly and they wanted 5k over and really would not budge. It was a little weird because they have really low prices on all of their other Fords compared to the other Houston dealers.

I ordered mine at MSRP for Gullo Ford in Conroe. Chris Hawk was my sales guy. I placed order early Oct and I should have it before Christmas.

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up my '18 two weeks ago from local dealer for MSRP but in all fairness I worked for them for many years and have bought quite a few vehicles from them as well along with a Mustang GT a few months ago.

stuka

Reaction score
At the recommendation of a few Houston members, I ordered mine at MSRP from Daryle Nelson at Gullo north of Houston on I45. Worked out for me since I live just south of Conroe where Gullo is.

grumble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are exactly 121 Raptors within a 50-mile radius of my zip code (Carrollton) - either on the lot or in transit. Not a single dealer willing to sell one of them at or below MSRP.
I've got multiple offers to ORDER one at MSRP. I'm going to hold out and see if I can get a deal worked between Christmas and January 1. If not, I'll just put in an order and wait.

stuka

Reaction score
There are exactly 121 Raptors within a 50-mile radius of my zip code (Carrollton) - either on the lot or in transit. Not a single dealer willing to sell one of them at or below MSRP.
I've got multiple offers to ORDER one at MSRP. I'm going to hold out and see if I can get a deal worked between Christmas and January 1. If not, I'll just put in an order and wait.

I have had one car in the last 6 that was not an ordered car.

It had a bunch of stuff I didn't want including a sunroof but the deal was good.

Aside from it being the biggest pile of dung of a car, I realized that I am a control enthusiasts and not having a car the way I wanted just bugged the living daylight out of me daily.

If you put an order in you might get your truck at the same time that people are trying to move their inventory, and it won't be exactly what you want most likely.

Just my $0.02

grumble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone purchase a 2018 Raptor at MSRP in Texas? If so, do you mind sharing the dealership name, and if possible, the sales guy.

I'm in Austin, but willing to travel to Dallas, Houston, etc.

I'm open to purchasing outside of Texas, but I have a trade. It complicates it a bit when dealers are beyond 200+ miles.

Picked up my '18 today for MSRP in Carrollton. I'll say it's taken a couple of months of talk to get it - and this is the 4th vehicle I've bought from the same sales guy.

If you work 'em long enough and hard enough, all while being incredibly polite, eventually you'll wear them down.

Ruby red - and sure is pretty.