Is there a solution?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsrick80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just wanted to get some advice.

I'm looking for an option that would help my payload, while not ruining my on road or off road manners. I don't typically haul a lot of weight in my bed, but sometimes I have to place several hundred pounds of construction material, or camping gear; and I end up with a saggy bottom.

Is this possible or a unicorn?

So far I read that airbags minimize my suspension travel, and I don't know if the 2" deaver springs would help with payload or hurt.

Thanks!!

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go deaver +3 (or more 4-5) to keep her level under load. Deaver +2 is = to stock and will result in a nose up stance under load.

Airbags are for heavy towing, and not exactly commonplace on Raptor.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jsrick80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. @MatMan The problem with the leaf pack is the other 95 percent of time I would be driving around with a rake again

I can't think of anything, but was hoping for a solution that wouldn't hike up the rear end, wouldn't hurt on road or off road manners.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
JSRick80,
Go for the Deavers and add drop shackles. This will add droop, reduce the height of the back end, and give you the added weight carrying capacity with the additional benefit of better ride...

Eddie

OP
OP
J

jsrick80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Ditchplains1

Are you saying the +3 deavers with the drop shakle? Would this drop the back end from factory heightv or would they cancel each other out and be near OEM height?

Thanks

ScottB

Reaction score
I have Deaver springs in the rear with SDHQ drop shackles. Sits almost exactly stock height in the rear. I tow an 8k boat/trailer, squats a little bit nothing like it did when i had the stock leafs.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
JSRick80,
I have the Deaver +4's with RPG drop shackles and the RPG "RST-16" rear shock system. After 4 months there is just a slight rake; this disappears when I tow my M1102 trailer.
No comparison to stock in terms of ride; much smoother, and the faster you go the smoother the ride....
Eddie

Jspeers89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in towing around 8k as well. Are your deavers +3 Scott?

Any other towing suspension mods other than deavers and shackles?

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just get HD deavers. The +3 only adds height, not any load capacity. But they are also available in HD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk