Truck Caps for Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scrappy Doo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will when I get back. At the airport heading to assault.

The fit on the sides is good, just a bit of overhang. The rear door is a bit iffy, the installer took pics and sent it to Leer to check.

Paint match seems right on, and that electronic lock sure is worth the $100 it costs. Plus it uses the factory fob

mcote1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leer 180 XR. Cost was around $2600 with some extras like automatic lock that works with the truck locks, carpeted headliner, roof rails and pop out front window. I don't have any other photos now but will try to take some soon.

Thanks for posting your top! Would you consider taking a few more pictures when you can that show different angles of the CAP? I really like the look of it from the side and was wondering how it looks over the side flare and from rear.

If anyone else has installed a CAP I would love to see more pictures..

THANKS!!

austin_beale

Reaction score
I am looking for suggestions for a Truck cap for the raptor. I have seen some on the 2013-14 Raptors and wanted advice on options. I want it to look and perform well but hopefully not break the bank.

I have already considered a Tonneau cover but I will need a bit more space and I will occasionally take road trips with furry companions that I would like to have comfortable in the back.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

RaptorVision

I recently picked up a new ARE truck cap from a company called EZ Wheeler. It was a little pricier than I had hoped but it was well worth it. It's a really slick looking cap and gives my truck more of a SUV look. Any ways i'm sure your canine companions would love it under there.

Big-Foot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ARE Z-Series on G2 Raptor

Got the new ARE Z-Series Canopy / Topper installed yesterday.
Options include -
@ Custom painted to match
@ Full fold-down back window (can clean the glass easily)
@ Keyless entry - unlocks and locks with the truck's FOB
@ Automatic courtesy light (I will wire in a rope LED to that)

I peeled the dealer sticker off the back glass about 30 seconds after I shot these pics.
More on the Fubared BedRug later...

20170714_152809.jpg

20170714_152742.jpg

IMG_7403.jpg

20170714_153225.jpg

20170714_153233.jpg

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bringing this thread back to life... Now that you guys have had the toppers for a few months are you experiencing any paint damage on the bed flare? Spoke to two different shops and both have seen issues. Apparently ARE solution is to install a different type of seal that gives a bit more clearance.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the ARE Z series. Its cost me a kidney but they matched the paint perfect and the fit and finish is outstanding.

That's the one I'm looking at. Any issues with the topper rubbing the paint on the bed where it flares out?