Watch at your own risk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just, I guess for me at least, it's the wrong platform for these type of mods. If you want a basher or crawler, there is a better option in the less focused trucks out there.

It would be like putting a deep breather snorkel kit on a 737. Inarguable that it's much better at water fording, but also, why tho?

I really don't understand opinions like these... The truck has a rock crawl mode (great gear ratios), it can do whoops with the best of them, it has an advertised limit to water crossing, it has a tow rating just like other trucks, it even has a respectable 0-60. It is the jack of all trades. If one can increase the capability of any of these features without affecting the other, that's a win-win in my book.

Putting a snorkel on something that wasn't meant to go near water is a bad analogy.

BTW, to make record known. This 4" lift is NOT a win in my book due to axle wrap.

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so...3" lift good? 4" bad? I agree that the idea of a block and the geo is all screwed but I don't know if I buy into the .5" - 1" is gonna make a heavy ass truck any more unstable. and the +3 deaver raised my rear about the same as a 4" block for height comparison.

Last edited:

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so...3" lift good? 4" bad? I agree that the idea of a block and the geo is all screwed but I don't know if I buy into the .5" - 1" is gonna make a heavy ass truck any more unstable. and the +3 deaver raised my rear about the same as a 4" block for height comparison.

I don't think I said 4" is bad. I think the WAY they made this truck go to 4" is problematic/bad.

Last edited:

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will be able to tell you exactly how it rides in about a month. I am going with the same lift to fit the wider wheels we are going to be running on mine. Going with a 20x10 wheel with 37x13.5 Toyo Open Country tire. Just waiting on the wheels to arrive at the moment for us to start the build. Will have plenty of pics when complete. Main reason for having the larger tires and lift is clearance. I am in roads that are typically covered in water or deep mud. Dragging through or getting swapped isn’t an option.

Last edited: