Any 2018 Raptors under MSRP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaguars

Reaction score
I’m about to buy a Raptor at MSRP but was wondering if I can find one for below. New to the forum. Thanks!

kenb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered (10/30/18) a 2018 Scab for $1k over INVOICE. From the same dealer that sold me my 2012 for $700 over invoice. It pays to be loyal to the local dealer.

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just ordered (10/30/18) a 2018 Scab for $1k over INVOICE. From the same dealer that sold me my 2012 for $700 over invoice. It pays to be loyal to the local dealer.

Mind proving this? There is a lot of chatter claiming this and that but yet no one has proven this.

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For 99% of buyers the best you can get off the showroom floor will be MSRP, maybe 1k off if you get a super aggressive dealer on the last day of the month. Looks like anyone who is getting any kind of better deal than that is ordering from a smaller local dealer where they have a previous relationship. It would be a few months wait, but worth it for the kind of savings that a very small few are getting. It looks like bigger city dealers are really sticking to higher pricing. I'm in Houston and I can't find a dealer who is willing to sell an inventory Raptor at MSRP. I had to order one in order to get it at MSRP, which worked out well for me since I was able to not get the stickers and I saved 2k.

kenb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently some people don't believe I am getting a $1k over invoice deal. I will be glad to send a picture of the DORA if anyone will email me.

"Mind proving this? There is a lot of chatter claiming this and that but yet no one has proven this."

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently some people don't believe I am getting a $1k over invoice deal. I will be glad to send a picture of the DORA if anyone will email me.

"Mind proving this? There is a lot of chatter claiming this and that but yet no one has proven this."

The problem with any of these forums are people who just make us things to look better than other people. I have no reason to doubt your particular deal since you had to order it from a local dealer where you bought another truck before. The issues is people who post that they made a few phone calls and found a dealer who sold one off the showroom floor for right at invoice. Those stories I have an extremely hard time believing.

For what its worth though your DORA is not a firm proof of what price the dealer will sell you the truck for, it is just proof that a truck is being built at a certain invoice price. Nothing on the DORA will prove that a buyer is getting a certain deal on a truck. The only true proof would be a final bill of sale that shows the actual sales price of the truck. You would have that sales order and also the DORA to have true "proof".

Right now I have a truck ordered and I am paying MSRP. There is nothing keeping the dealer from marking up that truck 10k when it gets in and trying to sell it to someone else. Of course most all dealers would not do that once they sent emails etc saying they agreed to sell the truck at MSRP, but there would be nothing I could really do if they changed their mind.

That being said I am not questioning your claim at all, it seems legit to me.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You don't have anything to prove. Unfortunately there has been so much noise about pricing on GEN 2, people get butt hurt that they paid an ADM when others were able to get MSRP or better such as yourself.

Sounds like you got a smoking deal. I bought two GEN 1's with similar deals as yourself, but wasn't able to find one when I was looking for a GEN 2. I refused to pay an ADP and was able to find a MSRP deal. At the time, some new members couldn't believe that and constantly asked people for proof.

At the end of the day, I'm not sure why any of us care why someone else got a better/worse deal than we did. I love my truck and am happy for anyone that scores one for invoice + / MSRP / or even ADM if they are happy.

kenb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree the DORA is not an official bill of sale. But on my DORA the sales manager wrote the final price of $1000 over invoice and signed his name. And he then stapled his business card to the sheet. Of course he could change his mind but I feel pretty confidant that they will honor that price.

I was not trying to rub it in on anyone, I was just so happy that I got a good deal that I wanted to share my good luck. Sorry if I offended anyone and I am also sorry some people can not believe it. I will be glad to post the final bill of sale when it comes in.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
I’m about to buy a Raptor at MSRP but was wondering if I can find one for below. New to the forum. Thanks!
Just posted on FB.
My last 2018 Ford Raptor on our lot beside the 2017 Roush Raptor. If your in the market msrp for the unit is $70,425. If you are in the market ask for Henry at Jim Tidwell Ford or contact me directly 6786005793.