Raptor lifestyle concerns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you should just buy 2 trucks.. looks like you could use a dedicated tow rig.. used market maybe? Plenty of reasonable used powerstrokes out your way I'm sure. If you must have a one truck does all kinda unit unfortunately the raptor wouldn't be it... maybe if you just pulled that little bass boat. But that big white monster, I don't think so.

Ya, I hate to say it, but you need a 250 Diesel rig. Raptor will be hella comfortable on that road, but hauling all that weight is not going to be really good for a gas burner in my opinion.

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How often are you pulling the bigger boat? If more than once a week I would go F250. If you are towing once a month or so may be okay with Raptor. But man you are going to hate pulling that heavy boat with any half ton after you have been pulling it with a 3500.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@SZDZMTR Power Wagon?

Go sit in the corner a while and think about what you said.

:ROFLJest:

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

On a serious note for those miles, I'd look at an F250 diesel, it will pull the boat like it wasn't there and the drivetrain should last twice as long as any F150 in that environment.
I was just testing your loyalty. lol

OP
OP
S

Salty4Life

Reaction score
I think you should just buy 2 trucks.. looks like you could use a dedicated tow rig.. used market maybe? Plenty of reasonable used powerstrokes out your way I'm sure. If you must have a one truck does all kinda unit unfortunately the raptor wouldn't be it... maybe if you just pulled that little bass boat. But that big white monster, I don't think so.

Maybe not. Would be nice though, going down whoop-de-do road.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bump stops for towing will triple your payload capacity and significantly increase towing capacity. I run a lot of whoops when towing my double stacker with my corvette on HREs and my autocross subaru and it's like it's not even there.

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bump stops for towing will triple your payload capacity and significantly increase towing capacity. I run a lot of whoops when towing my double stacker with my corvette on HREs and my autocross subaru and it's like it's not even there.

I know, right?

FordraptorHero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor could work if you got some deavers and a weight distributing hitch maybe some extra wear on the drivetrain but i think the 6.2 and tranny is pretty solid

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score

You forgot the airbags... :biggrin:

OP
OP
S

Salty4Life

Reaction score
So I put the center console on the scale today. Had to borrow moms 2500. She weighs 7220. That is within the raptors 8k towing limit. Does everyone still think its a bad idea.

FYI moms cummins got 8.5 mpg on an 83 mile round trip to the scale.

Last edited: