Steering off-center after offroading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These lock your bottom in correct? How do you adjust if it’s locked in place ? Curious if you don’t have aftermarket uppers you are basically just raw dogging it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're not permanently locked as they use nylock nuts.

During the alignment, they loosen or install the alignment cams (correct they lock the bottom bolts/nuts), make the adjustment, then tighten the bolts. There is very little chance they can slip or get knocked loose because they're cammed against themselves. Great way to prolong/secure your alignment + bombproof.

Upgraded UCAs aren't necessary to use these cams, but to your point the stock UCAs have more play which isn't exactly good.

Last edited:

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had an off center steering wheel after alignment once and simply took it back for them to adjust, took them 10 min.

That alignment shop just could not get it right due to lack of the right alignment technology. So I took it to the dealer and for $160 they nailed the alignment and it's been good ever since. My point is, it may just be a simple adjustment. Try Ford if you haven't already.

It was aligned at ford. Unfortunately I didn’t have time to leave it with them and I haven’t been able to take it back yet.

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They're not permanently locked as they use nylock nuts.

During the alignment, they loosen or install the alignment cams (correct they lock the bottom bolts/nuts), make the adjustment, then tighten the bolts. There is very little chance they can slip or get knocked loose because they're cammed against themselves. Great way to prolong/secure your alignment + bombproof.

Upgraded UCAs aren't necessary to use these cams, but to your point the stock UCAs have more play which isn't exactly good.

ok, i was under the impression the kit locked your lower settings into one specific spot and no adjustments could be made. thats neat.

78 DESERT RAT

Reaction score
I had the same issue after each time driving hard off-road, alignment would be off every time. I got tired of taking it back to the alignment shop, so I took a trip to the dealer and talked to one of the mechanics who I was told was the "Raptor Guy" he told me to purchase these certain alignment cams off of Amazon and bring back and he would install. I did what he said and haven't had a problem since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free