GEN 2 Who is interested in a Whipple Stage 1 Group Buy?

interested in whipple stage1?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Toadster
Whipple Stage 1 Kit for 2017/2018 Ford Raptor

CARB APPROVED! https://arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/eo/D-231-50.pdf

UPDATE 11/24: SEND ME A PM with SUBJECT "WHIPPLE GROUP BUY" if you're committed to purchase, send me your FULL NAME & EMAIL Contact please!

Group Buy will close when we hit 45 slots!
There are 37 kits in stock, the first 37 to buy in will get shipping asap. The remaining 8 will wait 1-2 weeks for more stock.
I'll update the list to be finalized and Whipple will send out emails to contact the buyers.

FYI - I will wait on the 2nd run myself to help you guys get in line first :Big Laugh:

We have a FULL list: 45 56e9255948-5157339d-df17-44cb-a3e6-ef711bfbd7d4-v1.png

original price $1,999 includes tuner, intake, intercooler

5-9 = 15% off $1,699
10-19 = 20% off $1,599
20-45 = 30% off $1,399

Here's the programmer! No need to ship your PCM!
8dHAWoL.png

Some of the basics it can do and keep in mind, its an OEM based tool so it will never have all frills some of the other tools will have.

Currently:
  • Read/erase codes
  • Upload stock file, save to SD card (can back up on PC)
  • Download modified cal
  • Tire/axle changing
  • Crank relearn
  • Data logging, 2gb SD card included
  • Read live data

Future:
  • Cals comes from Whipple server
  • Whipple server notifies you if an update becomes available
  • More advanced logging and graphing features.

439_Whipple_Raptor_800.jpg

Whipple, known for its industry leading upgrade systems and technological innovations, has now brought the same technology to the 2017 and up 3.5L V6 F150 and Raptors with the Whipple Stage 1 system.

The stage 1 systems couples the Whipple Mega Cooler, roto molded high velocity cold air intake and industry leading custom calibration to make an amazing 150* foot pounds of torque and 70* horsepower more than stock. Even better, at 3500rpm, the system produces over 180 foot pounds of torque over stock giving more power under the curve for incredible throttle response.

The Whipple Monster Cooler offers 54% greater volume and 8% more surface area. The bar and plate type intercooler features offset fin on both the cold and hot side, allowing for increased cooling capacity while fitting into the stock packaging, yet significantly out performing the stock cooler. Test show a 90 degree (F) drop in temperature just on the dyno, yet even bigger gains are shown during real world applications. The colder air allows increased spark advance and more O2 to the engine, resulting in more power while maintaining safety.

test_eb1_800.jpg

The Whipple high velocity air intake system boast the CAD driven, CFD modeled rotor molded plastic air intake that maximizes air speed while reducing inlet restrictions. The air system features the velocity stack gauze those filter with extra wide pleats, giving the air filter the capacity to flow over 132% more air than a stock paper filter.

Cad%20air%20tube%20assembly.jpg
2017-06-21_21-18-36.jpg

The Stage 1 system heart and soul is the industry leading calibration. Whipple and it's Ford calibration team worked feverishly using advanced tools to develop a calibration that could maximize power while being legal and safe at the same time. After countless dyno and real world testing in multiple environments, the engineers were able to extract massive levels of torque and horsepower yet maintaining factory type safety settings.

The Whipple Stage 1 system is the first and only 50-state legal Ecoboost complete upgrade package available today (CARB APPROVED! https://arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/eo/D-231-50.pdf), allowing for upgrades in all 50-states. No cutting or grinding required.

2017-06-21_21-16-49-640x427.jpg

Raptor%20EB%20stock%20vs%20Stage%201.jpg

Last edited:

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too soon to commit to any route for me.

But to be clear, "Whipple Stage 1" would involve:

1) their replacement intercooler
2) their CAI and filter replacement
3) tune

Is this only one tune file, only one octane? Any adjustments for altitude? towing? etc.

Just seems early to be gauging interest and still too many unanswered questions.

Toadster...are you with Whipple? Can you share more info. Thanks

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think Whipple would do any kind of group buy deal.

By the time they have a hand held Programmer ready ( hopefully SCT ) the Stage II 3.5L kit should be ready to go with that.

And to bfr, there is more than one Tune file. Is there a file for every mod combo people are doing, no. Too early for that.
You need to tell them what mods you have done.

And it's Tuned for 91 octane, 93 will give you a bit more HP.
I believe It's not recommended to go lower, especially if your going to Tow but I never ask about that.
The Tune will compensate for towing, altitude and temperature just like the stock Tune would.

Last edited:

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This does seem the tune to go with, supposedly we don’t have to change tunes to tow or anything with it. It’s a one tune for all thing, probably not the fastest but possibly the best all around. Hell Idk shit bout tunes, Ima shut up now

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FYI - gathering interest - would be a certain amount off per volume n# for x%, m# for y%, o# for z% - the more the merrier :)

I don't work for Whipple, but I did inquire with them about a group buy deal - so hopefully with enough demand, should get this rolling soon :)

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

This does seem the tune to go with, supposedly we don’t have to change tunes to tow or anything with it. It’s a one tune for all thing, probably not the fastest but possibly the best all around. Hell Idk shit bout tunes, Ima shut up now

I am in the similar mindset - set it and forget it - plus it's 50 state legal and I'm beyond the phase of tweaking things to get 10 more HP...

driveability, passing power, longevity, and the added benefit of larger intercooler and intake (although negligible power improvement) will add more 'sound' ;)

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would ask for a forum member discount, that would be easier than a group buy.
They have received lots of phone calls after I posted the kit a few months ago.

Sending in the PCM turns a lot of people off who are not in the know about things like that.

And waiting for the stage II is also holding people back.

Status
Not open for further replies.