who has updated to SYNC3 VERSION 3.0 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Stupid question: Did you guys start up your Rap to do the upgrade or just hit the "start" button to turn on accessory power?

(sorry if someone already posted this)

For once, @Guy posted about a mod that I could do that did not cost me any money. This has to be a first :biggrin:

I noted the time frame was up to 10 minutes to recognize the drive, initialize and begin the “upgrade” and the upgrade time was about 20 minutes. That’s right about the 30 minute mark and about the time I think the truck shuts off on “accessory” power to preserve the battery. At least I think it’s 30 minutes.

I was too lazy to find out in the manual so I started the truck. it took 1.75 songs to see “updating” on the screen and just over 3 songs to complete the upgrade.

as previously mentioned, Map do not work immediately after the upgrade. You need to power cycle. I have noticed in previous interactions with Lucille that she can be a bit stubborn about sync things, so I shut the truck down, got out, closed it and did some other stuff. I came back in a few minutes and fired up the accessory mode, maps were fine.

Cobra1169

Reaction score
I'm in!!! Worked like a charm and exactly as described. I had to change out my USB drive to a better one with indicator light and then everything ran smooth! Thanks for the tip!!!

LSUcajun504

Reaction score
Is it possible to downgrade back to 2.2 if there's any bugs with 3.0?

Normally on something like this I'd wait for the "official" update version from Ford, but I've been having severe lag issues with damn near every Sync feature for the past 2 weeks. Hoping maybe a software update will resolve the problem, but want to have the option to revert back to the official 2.2 version in case I end up having to bring it to the dealer to fix it the lag issue.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score

Normally on something like this I'd wait for the "official" update version from Ford, but I've been having severe lag issues with damn near every Sync feature for the past 2 weeks. Hoping maybe a software update will resolve the problem, but want to have the option to revert back to the official 2.2 version in case I end up having to bring it to the dealer to fix it the lag issue.

No idea if you can revert back. My 2018 came with version 2.3. Perhaps that upgrade may help.

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score

3.0 is not perfect by any means, but it's better than 2.2 for sure!