GEN 2 Sync 3 laggy and slow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LSUcajun504

Reaction score
Had my truck about 7 months and in the past week or so, Sync suddenly started being laggy and taking 5-10 seconds (occasionally even a little longer) for simple input from steering wheel controls or touch screen to register. Things like switching the radio channel (whether by touchscreen or steering wheel control), the chime for voice command after pressing the button, switching between FM and Sirius.

I've tried connecting to Wifi and checking for software update to see if that would fix it, but apparently I was already up to date. Tried the Sync 3 master reset twice. Tried disconnecting my phone's bluetooth. Nothing has solved it yet. Anybody else experience this? Any ideas on how to fix it?

I know I could bring it in to the dealer under warranty, but thats a pain in the ass to deal with...so trying to see if I can figure this out somehow on my own.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’ve noticed poor response time switching songs from the iPhone over bluetooth but otherwise ok response.

DinoMight

Reaction score
Mine has frozen a few times for about 15 seconds while driving, but then reboots and seems to be fine again. I'm hoping a future update resolves the problem, but it hasn't bothered me enough to take it to the dealer.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve had issues the past 3 weeks with Bluetooth dropping the connection constantly with an iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
L

LSUcajun504

Reaction score

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Sync is running on a computer, like IOS or OSX, Windows, Linux, etc. and once in a while these OS become, well, a little recalcitrant and uncooperative. Sometimes, the simplest answer is the best.

--Ripley

OP
OP
L

LSUcajun504

Reaction score
Over the past 2 weeks since the lag issue started, bluetooth connection started dropping in and out and Navigation is sometimes showing me as being in a location I was in hours before or not showing me moving at all despite the truck being in motion.

After a couple of master resets, doing a 2.3 software update via USB, and calling Ford's 800 number for Sync tech support and having them try to troubleshoot it, the tech support rep told me to bring it to the dealership which is where its at now.