People buying at MSRP=BS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16pawshouston

Reaction score
Ordered a 2018 Raptor at Gullo Ford right outside of Houston at MSRP. They never mark their vehicles up. Dealt with Daryle Nelson...super guy and no BS. In fact, they had a 350R mustang sitting in their showroom at MSRP! Vaughn in Houston has one too....at $20,000 over MSRP!! Call Daryle, tell him Marc sent you.

kenb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a 2018 Scab today through my home town dealer for $1k over INVOICE. Now granted it was the same dealer where I bought my Gen1 for $700 over INVOICE. Small dealers are the best.

wheelman76

Reaction score
I ordered a 2018 Scab today through my home town dealer for $1k over INVOICE. Now granted it was the same dealer where I bought my Gen1 for $700 over INVOICE. Small dealers are the best.

Is it for an allocation they have outstanding or will you wait for it to be picked up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kenb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is for an allocation they had outstanding. I have the DORA.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autotrader shows 1,339 new 2018 Raptors nationwide, Cars.com concurs with 1,425 listings. Call or show up at dealer, talk calmly and politely about the facts..."look this ain't 2017 anymore...production has caught up" "I'll pay you a fair price" and only deal on trucks where there are not BS options that you don't want to pay for. Pick what you're aiming for, whether that is sticker or $1,000 over or whatever and say "go talk to your finance mgr, tell him I'll pay $*** and if he says yes you'll have my credit card deposit to hold the vehicle yet today". Don't make this harder than it is...and for godssake, don't be a ***** to them. Just be honest and upfront, "either you get my money and my sale or someone else...let's make it work for both of us." I really want to believe there are a lot less ***** for dealers out there than we realize (perhaps CA excepted ;-) )

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will courtesy drop ship cost is $400.00 added by the receiving dealer (nothing is free anymore) and only charge $2k over.....

Only 2k over.... get the **** out and if you order it from
Ford it can be drop shipped by them for free so once again get the **** out yah geeedy bastard

bighaeb

Reaction score
I keep seeing posts about people buying at MSRP or less and only one actaully had proof. I have literally called dozens if not over a hundred dealers with raptors on their lots and not a single one will even come within 5k of msrp.
If you know of one please let me know but for now I think I am going to look for a Gen1 and be happy with that.

I assure you that MSRP is achievable. Just got MSRP (or a little better actually) on a SCREW 2018 801a. Paid $61805, and even got $1500 over allowance on my trade. And that was not even trying. Negotiated adding the OEM trailer brake controller installed at no charge, and even scored a free Yeti cooler to boot!

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You clearly don't know what your talking about so before you show your ass get your facts straight! If you would of read the post (if you can read) you would of seen where it stated that the dealer, the receiving dealer charges $395.00 to do a courtesy delivery!

But no response to the 2k over msrp... it’s cause you know your ripping people off. The deals for msrp and below are out there. Literally took me a week of cold calling dealers and leads from other forum members

DRUNKLYKME

Reaction score
Well below msrp

I paid well under msrp. You need to find a friend who has worked at ford a while. They are given #'s that they can use or give to family/friends that will get them great discounts. I paid about 33,000 for my 2010 5.4l supercab in 2010.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Autotrader shows 1,339 new 2018 Raptors nationwide, Cars.com concurs with 1,425 listings. Call or show up at dealer, talk calmly and politely about the facts..."look this ain't 2017 anymore...production has caught up" "I'll pay you a fair price" and only deal on trucks where there are not BS options that you don't want to pay for. Pick what you're aiming for, whether that is sticker or $1,000 over or whatever and say "go talk to your finance mgr, tell him I'll pay $*** and if he says yes you'll have my credit card deposit to hold the vehicle yet today". Don't make this harder than it is...and for godssake, don't be a ***** to them. Just be honest and upfront, "either you get my money and my sale or someone else...let's make it work for both of us." I really want to believe there are a lot less ***** for dealers out there than we realize (perhaps CA excepted ;-) )

Those autotrader numbers are skewed by ADMs. Dealers charging reasonable prices have waitlists. Those with a dozen Raptors rotting on their lot are still insisting on ADMs.