Installed new model TurboSmart BOV kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ReyLorenzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess specifically the BOV. What is the point? The sound is rather specific for a civic or some other fart-pipe type of car. Seems very goofy on a raptor.

That's your opinion. I've had BOV on all of my turbo cars and none were Civics. Although it is more audible when it's on a manual transmission car where you have to let off the gas between each shift, I still think it sounds cool and I like it so that's all that matters.

OP
OP
xgardx

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's your opinion. I've had BOV on all of my turbo cars and none were Civics. Although it is more audible when it's on a manual transmission car where you have to let off the gas between each shift, I still think it sounds cool and I like it so that's all that matters.

I agree, this gen raptor doesn't come with a mean sounding V8, so I'd rather hear the intake/ turbo noise than to have a crappy loud exhaust system slapped on the v6 setup. Yo each their own, but enjoy how mine sounds with a CAI, silencer rings removed, and new BOV. Not getting any real world HP boosts but I like it much more than how it drove stock.

PARKER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my set up in the mail the other day. I went with the ADD intercooler as well. The turbosmart video doesn't help me at all for the install. lol I had to get the throttle body spacer apparently. Which has 3 threaded holes in it. I'm assuming I only need one of them? :shrug:

MKSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any tips for install, does the bumper have to come off or can i just drop the skid. Going to be installing this weekend looks straight foward.

Thanks

ReyLorenzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any tips for install, does the bumper have to come off or can i just drop the skid. Going to be installing this weekend looks straight foward.

Thanks

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UNVGRJ_gRlI&feature=youtu.be

That’s the video that I used for instructions. Only difference on the Raptor is that you have to remove the skid plate in order to remove the intercooler. Other than that it’s pretty much like the video shows.

ss_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed my Turbosmart. Great sound pretty easy install. I did get a CEL so that sucks.

I'm thinking it might be the crimp on the CEL eliminator cable. I didn't feel like messing with it again, I already buttoned everything back up. Anyone else get a CEL they were able to clear?

ReyLorenzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed my Turbosmart. Great sound pretty easy install. I did get a CEL so that sucks.

I'm thinking it might be the crimp on the CEL eliminator cable. I didn't feel like messing with it again, I already buttoned everything back up. Anyone else get a CEL they were able to clear?

Same thing happened to me. It’s definitely the crimp on the CEL eliminator. I had to strip some of the wires so the crimp would make contact. I think since those wires are so thin the crimp doesn’t cut all the way through.