Raptizzle's Gen 2 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Raptizzle

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought you bled Fox blue?

Everyone knows Fox > 2 icon > king

Now you're gonna throw that world upside down by going king shocks! Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hahaa yah well Kings are more bluer!

Very excited to put these kings through their paces. I have some unique opportunities to get factory tuning support with King in the coming weeks as they are out tuning TT's for the upcoming 1000. Their new raptor shocks have some pretty darn impressive specs to them. I'm going to venture to claim that Kings will be King of the raptor world in the very near future.

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paid the awesome crew at Deaver Suspension a visit today for some custom touches to my leaf packs. Don't get me wrong, these things are killer right out of the box but Deaver is in my backyard, so why not take it a step further.

They pulled the leaf packs apart and completely graphite coated them. They also added a couple teflon pads around certain parts of the leafs at my request. The graphite coating helps the springs cycle a bit smoother. Is all this practical or necessary?? Not at all... but neither are raptors in the first place! These extra steps are usually requested by guys with race trucks running leafs that want optimum performance but probably overkill for a raptor application. I'm sure they can provide this service for anyone wanting it at an added expense obviously.

3c92a20019944ab12eedccc6bdbe092c.jpg

8d42dc76dd9c0236c1b88bbef2621012.jpg

57cb622d9ed794b59119b50f9e2b666d.jpg

do not threaten me with a good time......says the guy who had deaver powder coat each leaf for my gen1. ill be sure to request the special sauce when they powder coat my set for my gen 2!

Big Johnson

Reaction score
I have always been curious why everyone thinks Fox is the best? I am in no way saying they aren't a quality shock, but Kings are hand made in the usa, not mass produced in mexico. Plus they have a true 3.0, I have always thought that fox shox are false advertising. Their 2.5" is really a 1.75" and so on. Not trying to start the flame war about what shocks are best, I just don't understand why King doesn't get much love in the Raptor world.

OP
OP
Raptizzle

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn't not post a pic of the King goodness that's about to go down so tore open the boxes for a quick pic of what we're working with.

5f60d0ba123f1a409947f098dc976da8.jpg

Some specs on them:

2017+ Ford Raptor
King Shocks 3.0 IBP Performance Series Kit
100% bolt on
Large 3.0” OD shock bodies
A true, full diameter piston and valve stack for maximum damping control
Fully able to rebuild, service, or tune
Finned Reservoir
Factory tuned for optimal ride quality
Material quality and tolerances to match our top race shocks.

Front

Large 3.0 mono-tube shock body
Patented “Internal Bypass” (IBP) technology
Compression adjuster
Reduces shock cavitation
30 clicks of compression adjustment
1” diameter shaft
3.5” OD finned reservoir
1 piece extrusion- not a sleeve
New hose attachment allows easy hose clocking
100 % bolt on

Rear
Large 3.0 mono-tube shock body
Proven external bypass design
4 Bypass tubes
Position sensitive damping
Separate compression and rebound external adjustments
1” diameter shaft
2.95” OD finned reservoir
1 piece extrusion- not a sleeve
100 % bolt on

OP
OP
Raptizzle

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have always been curious why everyone thinks Fox is the best? I am in no way saying they aren't a quality shock, but Kings are hand made in the usa, not mass produced in mexico. Plus they have a true 3.0, I have always thought that fox shox are false advertising. Their 2.5" is really a 1.75" and so on. Not trying to start the flame war about what shocks are best, I just don't understand why King doesn't get much love in the Raptor world.

That's definitely a valid point you raise about Fox and what you stated about King being a true 3.0 is something that shouldn't be overlooked. It seems like Fox invested quite a bit more in marketing their products for the Gen 1 and that's why we probably see them taking a large market share. Perhaps they offered better price margins to certain vendors and they pushed Fox for that reason but that's simply speculation.

Anyways, King is definitely looking to compete in the Gen 2 marketplace and developed an impressive shock pretty darn fast this time around. Of course Fox had a head start being part of the development process with Raptors from conception.

I'm confident in King and can't wait to put these shocks through their paces. I'll be documenting everything along the way.

Big Johnson

Reaction score
Yes that is a very good point, Fox definitely has a marketing advantage. I have a set of Kings on my gen 1 and couldn't be happier with them, my truck gets jumped and beat on daily so having 100k miles on them with no rebuild yet (other than the lower bushings) speaks volumes to the quality of these shocks. The only complaint I have is that they dont make a very good shaft guard compared to the fox, my truck lives on gravel so it needs more than the cheap cover they supply. The price jumped a bit for the gen 2 and being that I dont use mine for work (yet) it is tough to justify the $6500ish (plus the fantastic exchange rate) for new shocks. I know you will be happy with them, super glad to see someone going down the road with some Kings!