Raptizzle's Gen 2 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Raptizzle

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely down. My truck should be able to handle a bit more than last time (when it almost came apart on the freeway :rofl:)

Maybe late this month or early next sound good?

Yah, that was sketchy!!

November or possibly early December would prob work best. I'll text ya.

OP
OP
Raptizzle

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paid the awesome crew at Deaver Suspension a visit today for some custom touches to my leaf packs. Don't get me wrong, these things are killer right out of the box but Deaver is in my backyard, so why not take it a step further.

They pulled the leaf packs apart and completely graphite coated them. They also added a couple teflon pads around certain parts of the leafs at my request. The graphite coating helps the springs cycle a bit smoother. Is all this practical or necessary?? Not at all... but neither are raptors in the first place! These extra steps are usually requested by guys with race trucks running leafs that want optimum performance but probably overkill for a raptor application. I'm sure they can provide this service for anyone wanting it at an added expense obviously.

3c92a20019944ab12eedccc6bdbe092c.jpg

8d42dc76dd9c0236c1b88bbef2621012.jpg

57cb622d9ed794b59119b50f9e2b666d.jpg

OP
OP
Raptizzle

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Late report but spent last weekend out in Barstow running the truck along with some heavily built Gen 1's.

36c284101e45cb6b53bd4c276974cbb3.jpg

The truck ran solid and I managed to push it through terrain much larger than I had in the past due to the better approach angle from the SVC bolt on bumper and the addition of the @svc ABS paired with +2 Deavers.

Running the 2.0" Fox IFP bump exceeded my expectations. It allowed for a much more forgiving initial hit and ramped up compression as the bumpstop traveled further up through the stroke. The truck didn't buck too badly even in the big stuff. I'm finding that the increased rear travel with the Gen 2's is allowing the shock to work much more independently before contacting the bumpstop. The gen 1's seemed to ride the bumps quite a bit more when the terrain got big.

Deavers are a no brainer. Seriously the best mod for the money out there and improves the rear ride quality substantially over stock off-road and on.

I put a GoPro in the rear wheel well to show everything working. As you can see, it took some effort to even get full compression on the bumpstop and this was running racecourse sections.

Overall, this setup is a solid addition to the truck and won't break the bank for the guy that wants to hit the desert and not worry about getting the truck in over it's head to a degree. I probably pushed harder than I should have but also found some limitations. The front shocks could use some valving for added compression through the larger terrain in my opinion. The SVC CAS is ideal because upping the preload would be the perfect adjustment to make. However, I'm going with tunable King 3.0's on all 4 corners and will be adding that stage to this thread shortly. Plenty more to come once they go on the truck.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Late report but spent last weekend out in Barstow running the truck along with some heavily built Gen 1's.

36c284101e45cb6b53bd4c276974cbb3.jpg

The truck ran solid and I managed to push it through terrain much larger than I had in the past due to the better approach angle from the SVC bolt on bumper and the addition of the @svc ABS paired with +2 Deavers.

Running the 2.0" Fox IFP bump exceeded my expectations. It allowed for a much more forgiving initial hit and ramped up compression as the bumpstop traveled further up through the stroke. The truck didn't buck too badly even in the big stuff. I'm finding that the increased rear travel with the Gen 2's is allowing the shock to work much more independently before contacting the bumpstop. The gen 1's seemed to ride the bumps quite a bit more when the terrain got big.

Deavers are a no brainer. Seriously the best mod for the money out there and improves the rear ride quality substantially over stock off-road and on.

I put a GoPro in the rear wheel well to show everything working. As you can see, it took some effort to even get full compression on the bumpstop and this was running racecourse sections.

Overall, this setup is a solid addition to the truck and won't break the bank for the guy that wants to hit the desert and not worry about getting the truck in over it's head to a degree. I probably pushed harder than I should have but also found some limitations. The front shocks could use some valving for added compression through the larger terrain in my opinion. The SVC CAS is ideal because upping the preload would be the perfect adjustment to make. However, I'm going with tunable King 3.0's on all 4 corners and will be adding that stage to this thread shortly. Plenty more to come once they go on the truck.
You really want to be on the for front of the Jenny II Shox debate, don't yeah?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk