HELP- ending ticking noise!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hmsbmk

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have an off engine ticking noise coming from the engine bay and I can’t figure out what it is. It is from a 2013 raptor, it is very slight and you can’t really hear it when your outside the car, I can only really hear it from the inside. It is a high pitches tick and gets faster when you speed up (and the pitch rises slightly).

I have checked the tires multiple times and nothing is stuck in them, does anyone know what it could be? I have had a couple of people say it might be injectors or a pressure valve but I want to make sure, my truck is still under warranty so hopefully it can be covered.

Thanks in advance!

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think I had the same tick on my first Raptor. Never figured it out.
Your makes the noise in drive and park/neutral?
I could hear mine very clear when the hood was open and parked(duh)

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Canister Purge Valve (CPV) is a common ticking noise, it's right between the intake and the firewall so you might hear it more from inside than outside with the hood closed. With the hood open and the engine running you should be able to hear it pretty clearly, moreso on the driver's side. If that's not it, could be a blown speaker dragging? You could play with the balance/fade and see if it changes at all...

Brandon###

Reaction score
Go out at night and look under the hood while it’s running. It could be a spark plug wire or a coil arcing. You’ll see a nice blue strobe light somewhere, if it is. I had both at the same time.

Makes a nice clicking or popping noise.

jgwoody

Reaction score
Same issue. Checked under hood in the dark, I can see whatever it is sparking/arcing. Anyone know what this part is? Also how to fix it? I’m probably going to wrap with some electrical tape as a temporary fix. dd99d103c9e8cbb2d492eeb5f72b396e.jpg375c2f6426b5830b8e6af938c0b1d5f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk