New Rigid ADAPT are Here!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The new Rigid ADAPT series lights are now available on our site (LED Light Bars - Rigid LED Light Bars - ADAPT - 4x4TruckLEDs.com) -
Packed with tons of features

_ADAPT_Front_OFF_0.jpg__12624.1507743305.1280.1280.png

From Rigid's own description:

The RIGID® Adapt™ LED Light Bars are the world’s first off-road lighting products that can change instantly according to conditions. Adapt offers 8 selectable beam patterns that range from a 90 degree broad short-distance beam to a highly focused 15 degree long-distance spot beam in a single fixture. It also includes RIGID’s new Active View™ Technology, which allows the beam pattern to actively adjust with vehicle speed. There are no moving parts within the Adapt. Instead, RIGID uses advanced LED technology and combines it with patented new optics to create a revolutionary lighting solution that can Adapt with changing conditions. Further, Adapt has built-in accent lighting that can be set to any color in the light spectrum, including white, for a custom look around town. The Adapt has a signature new look that is unlike any other light bar on the market, and it even has expanded mounting capabilities that include new base-mounting options in addition to traditional side mounts. Adapt LED light bars include a RIGID Dash Controller, which is a molded backlit dash-mounted unit that offers easy, intuitive control of Adapt’s beam patterns, Adaptive Mode, accent lighting, and programmable presets. RIGID Adapt Light Bars are available in 10-inch to 50-inch lengths and include a RIGID Dash Controller, Under Dash Module, wiring harness, and mounting hardware. With the RIGID Adapt, it has never been easier to Own the Night.

Unleash the full power of the RIGID Adapt with the optional Adapt GPS Module Kit. Required for the functionality of Adaptive Mode, the Kit offers a simple plug-and-play installation. Adaptive Mode utilizes the RIGID’s new Active View Technology, which automatically transitions through the Adapt’s 8 beam patterns based on vehicle speed. The Kit consists of compact module that plugs into the Adapt under-dash controller, a small GPS antenna, and all of the wiring necessary for installation.

Attachments

• WEB_0001_00000_ADAPT_Installed_0002_RIGID-ADAPT-REDUCED-4__18454.1507743264.1280.1280.jpg
    WEB_0001_00000_ADAPT_Installed_0002_RIGID-ADAPT-REDUCED-4__18454.1507743264.1280.1280.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 134

Shayne

Reaction score
Interesting Product

I have to ask the question.....how much of the front camera does it block when mounted?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That depends on where you mount the lights. Rigid has a universal mounting system so it'd be up to you to mount these where you see fit. They don't have a "vehicle specific" mounting system for these

Helopilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Further, Adapt has built-in accent lighting that can be set to any color in the light spectrum, including white, for a custom look around town."

Looks like a great light bar, but I have to chuckle about the advertisement picture choice. If Toyota dude decides to keep his "custom look around town" in the red color shown in the picture (or blue if he is in that mood), he is in for a really unpleasant experience with any law enforcement person(s) who happen to notice that choice of color visible to the front of the vehicle. And trust me when I say, ANY/ALL law enforcement officers will notice red or blue lights visible to the front of the vehicle.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Further, Adapt has built-in accent lighting that can be set to any color in the light spectrum, including white, for a custom look around town."

Looks like a great light bar, but I have to chuckle about the advertisement picture choice. If Toyota dude decides to keep his "custom look around town" in the red color shown in the picture (or blue if he is in that mood), he is in for a really unpleasant experience with any law enforcement person(s) who happen to notice that choice of color visible to the front of the vehicle. And trust me when I say, ANY/ALL law enforcement officers will notice red or blue lights visible to the front of the vehicle.

I’ve heard this before and it makes good sense. That’s said, I saw a large dump truck a few weeks back that was covered in blue LEDs. He was part of a convoy of maybe 20 other trucks, and stood out like a sore thumb. The crazy part was that they were working on a large roadwork / bridge project that had a main road shut down, so there were local law enforcement everywhere. There must have been at least 6 law enforcement cars within a hundred yards. Not sure how/if he got away with it, but he was brazen as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I don't think we need to get into that whole "that is not legal" argument. Half the stuff we, as truck owners, install is not road legal. You can't legally run all the light bars folks install or legally run tires that stick out past your fendors. Use common sense when you install aftermarket products and you won't have issues.

Helopilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think we need to get into that whole "that is not legal" argument. Half the stuff we, as truck owners, install is not road legal. You can't legally run all the light bars folks install or legally run tires that stick out past your fendors. Use common sense when you install aftermarket products and you won't have issues.

I frankly don't care what people do or don't do with the equipment they put on their vehicles unless it endangers those of us who share the roads with them. I do however find it pretty ignorant when a manufacturer advertises something that will get those who don't know or understand the law(s) an unpleasant encounter with law enforcement. I did not direct my post at you, as you are not the manufacturer who decided on the picture. I did however post to possibly educate or warn those who decide to purchase and use said product that certain colors may not be a wise choice for road use (unless you happen to like sitting on the side of the road with a vehicle behind you that ALSO has red and blue lights visible to the front).

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The truck in the photo is off road... where it's perfectly legal to run whatever lighting combo they want... and a lot of folks do shows/etc... where they want these features.

If you don't want a light bar like this, you don't have to buy it. Nobody said "hey the adapt are here you HAVE to buy these now no matter what" it's another product offering out there for those who want it.

If you don't want it, you don't have to buy it. If you don't like the features, there are other light bars out there.

Manufacturers market to a LOT of people. People who drive strickly on the road, others who drive off road, others who do shows, theres products out there for everybody.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think It would look pretty slick with an orange to match the marker lights.

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the point of the rigid adapt?

I would rather just flick the switch and have 100% lumens down range. Not some leds on and some off. Blah blah.

I would take the 50" e-series Pro over the Adapt hands down. IMO.