G2 vs '18 F150 4x4 3.5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

troverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. The engines between the two are extremely closely related. My question is "was the Raptor launched in Sport mode?" It would definitely make a difference. Also, what axle ratio did the standard F-150 have?

I suspect the tires and weight...

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also, what axle ratio did the standard F-150 have?

99% chance they were 3.55s. You have to get the heavy duty payload package to get 3.73s with a 3.5EB engine. 3.73s on any 15+ F150s are like hens teeth.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting. The engines between the two are extremely closely related. My question is "was the Raptor launched in Sport mode?" It would definitely make a difference. Also, what axle ratio did the standard F-150 have?

I suspect the tires and weight...

I don't think it would make a difference. Sport mode doesn't give you anymore power then standard mode, it just changes the throttle mapping and shift points (at partial throttle). When going full throttle, the engine is giving you all she's got in either sport or normal mode.

bjinc

Reaction score
These results are a bit surprising; if you calculate the ostensible hp/weight ratios, the Raptor still has an appreciable advantage. You really have to wonder what kind of gas they were running in the Raptor (one supposes the tuned engine is more reliant on high octane gas and Colorado is known for their inferior gas), how broken-in the engines were, actual curb weights, etc, because once they got moving, you would assume the Raptor would start to walk on the F-150.

Perhaps the elevation change also impacts the Raptor more? Interesting results.