The one and only radio thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BAD454SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The design of the Bulletproof Diesel DOUBLES chances of water ingress by having twice the amount of foam seals.

Rtv the 3rd brake light mount to cab and using OEM foam seal on light seems to be fine no leaks so far. Foam that comes applied to the mount is a bit cheesy.

Thomas_JohnDoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting ready for a Snoball run
Looking for a recommendation on mount base and VHF/UHF antenna.
I just picked up Icom id4100a, by the way I know nothing about radios lol
Any advises would be great
Thanks

OP
OP
t_j

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Getting ready for a Snoball run
Looking for a recommendation on mount base and VHF/UHF antenna.
I just picked up Icom id4100a, by the way I know nothing about radios lol
Any advises would be great
Thanks

Give Keith at LVJ Motorsports to get sorted out with antennas and mounts http://lvjmotorsports.com

As for your radio, you are going to have to do the TX band mod to make it work on GMURs and business band frequencies: Icom ID-4100 modification wide band TX by Marcus PA2DB

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Defiantly get your ham license. Free repeater usage. Always someone on in case of emergency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunner11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dumb question incoming, but I'm new to all this radio stuff. What would happen if I ran a ground plane antenna in a spot where I would need a no ground plane antenna? Any risk of damage, or just reduced performance?

Gunner11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rugged radios vhf/uhf antenna on the third brake light mount. Didn't see that it was ground plane when I ordered it

Fusco0520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a question. I have a Larson no ground plane antenna. It was originally going to be mounted to the third brake light but I don’t want something that high off the roof due to not being able to fit in my garage. Now I know I could just remove the antenna but I don’t want to do that. So the question is can I mount it to the bedside? Will I get decent range and will it work?